•• 6 ••

Lorraine's POV

I watched as mom played with my siblings, Norman, Ray and Emma. They are playing chess and it's very entertaining to watch, to observe and to memorize how mom could put them into a corner. She would just smile to them after beating them in a game, some of our siblings are also around them watching, but were only few, since half of us is playing playing while the others doesn't care.

"Are you ready? you can even discuss your moves among yourselves, it's all three of you against me." Mom said, she smiled to their innocence as she play chess with them.

Mom played with them, the three of them are really amazing, they can even get through at some other parts of the game but they don't know how mom, manipulate them. Having fun as she watch her children play in confusion, I just watch until the game ended with her being the winner, Emma whined and pouted as mom tap on their Queen.

"Checkmate." Mom said and giggled.

"What!? you're so good! we can't beat you!" Emma said while staring at mom, idolizing her.

"That's weird, It's like you know everything that were thinking." Norman said, sadness laced his voice. I look at Ray to see him in disappointment while pouting his lips.

"Of course, I do know, because I'm your mom." Mom said and I can see her, looming over my three siblings.

"I know that someone can beat you!" Ray mocked mom, she looked at Ray as he spoke boldly.

"And who might that be?" Mom ask, Ray looked into my direction as my eyes widened. I turn away and stood up but before I could walk away from the place, Mom noticed me already.

"Lorraine! come here and play with us!" Emma called me and pull me to sit between her and Norman.

I hate you Ray! why do you have to pull me in this kind of game? I don't want to waste my time with this. Everyone is around us, watching us curiously as the shy me suddenly decided to play with mom. I closed my eyes and clenched my fist, I don't want this, this is so humiliating.

"It's okay! one game would be enough." Norman said beside me and hug my small frame. I smiled and pinched his cheeks before looking at mom.

"Then, is this a one-on-one battle?" Mom ask, I smield shyly and nodded.

"Okay, so no one from the three of you could help Lorraine, I also want to know if my cute daughter can beat me in this game." Mom said with a closed eye smile.

This is pathetic, I'm not even good enough to play with the three geniuses behind me and mom wants to play with me!? Is she insane? I haven't played with our other siblings before but I know the rules of the chess, I would always invite Norman to play with me secretly during midnight and we'll both fall asleep playing in the library.

Mom started to move her pieces, I think calmly before moving my own pieces, mom is not easy to play with, she's very serious when her enemy is strong. I look at her eyes as she started to lose her pieces, one by one, I started to eat them with mine, the only thing that remains on her side is the queen piece but like what she did, I flicked the piece and smiled shyly.

"Game over, mom." I told her, she look at me shocked, her eyes showing a bit of anxiety.

"You're such a good player, Lorraine!" Emma hugs me from behind making me blush.

"I-I'm not!" I said and hide my blushing face in my hair.

"Silly! you beat mom!" Emma replied and pulled me up, running circles inside the room.