•• 23 ••

Lorraine's POV

   A sun ray seeped inside the infirmary, heating up my skin and making me blush, both of my wrist were tired and raw from trying to break free, ropes were tied around them to prevent me from moving. I chuckled and shake my head, I see, I'm still alive. Glancing at the wall clock inside the room, it's already six o'clock and everything's back to normal again, another kid was shipped last night and everything's back to normal.

"You're awake." Mom entered the room and adjust the tightness of the rope around my wrist, they're tied to the bed pole.

  I didn't answer her and looked away, every time I see her, I kept seeing Norman, I kept remembering that he's gone now. I tried to relax my nerves and closed my eyes, I'll see him soon, I'll see Norman soon. A hand caressed my cheeks gently and as I look at Mom's face, a tear made their way towards my cheeks.

"Does your throat hurts? Your wrists? Oh my poor sweet Lorraine!" She said while looking at me with pity, hugging me close to her chest while I only squirm from her touch.

"Don't touch me! Let go of me, you woman!" I yelled, kicking her sides.

"Don't worry, Norman is in good hands now and after Ray, you'll be next." She whispered in my ears, making me look at her with teary eyes.

"Don't, please, not Ray." I muttered while shaking my head.

  I still want to see him and Emma!

"You don't get to decide for your fate, so just give up." She said and stood up from sitting on the bed.

"Shut up." I spat, looking away from her gaze.

"It will take weeks for your brain to process normally again after overdosing, you wasted a good amount of medicines." She said, "but, it only took two days for your body to heal, you really want to suffer."

"So I've been sleeping for two days." I murmured.

"The only way to not suffer is to avoid this troubles, Lorraine, give up. Norman is gone now, your brother is gone now." She said and as I look up to her, she's smiling while looking down to me, this woman!

"Shut up." I said in a clear voice, my body is shaking violently as I force myself not to cry.

"Poor you, you don't have your escape route anymore, I'm recommending Emma as a mom and Ray is not himself, and you will be a lab hamster for the Ratri's, for the rest of your life." She said and turn her heels to leave the infirmary but before, she turn to me again.

"You're in the headquarters if you're wondering, I need to take you here for the medication but I'll be taking you back at farm after a few minutes." She said before leaving me completely.

  In the headquarters, if Emma is here, she'll be very jumpy to explore the whole structure with Norman and Ray, she'll be very happy to talk to me about different things that we'll be able to find inside the building. If Norman is here then he'll be happy to watch us while exploring the whole structure, he'll be happy just by standing beside us and if Ray is here, he'll be happy to gather a lot of information about the demons.

  But they're not here, I'm alone here.

***

  Mom is not lying when she told me that she'll bring me back at the orphanage, I was blindfolded while walking through the hallways of the headquarters, I tried my best to memorize the patterns of the hallways but I underestimate the whole structure of the building.