•• 2 ••

Lorraine's POV

  I woke up hearing someone from the other side of the room, it was moaning from displeasure and sadness, I could hear the shuffling of the bedsheets and pillows. I quickly sat up and went where the sounds are coming from, I found Emma, sweating furiously as a frown was displayed on her face. She's having a nightmare. I slowly shake her shoulders and wake her up from her dream, she looked at me with wide and scared eyes before hugging me close to her.

  The true colors of reality, are that this place is a farm we are humans, raised as food for demons to consume. I know that Emma is very scared of the fact but she needs to fight these fears, because I, myself never liked knowing this secret. I was never naive and it's a disadvantage, I'm never comfortable living in here anymore as soon as I found out about the demons,

  The fact that they're going to kill us.

"Don't be scared, Emma, I'm here." I whispered to her while rubbing her back in circles, she looked at me with her eyes.

"I won't let them kill any of our siblings, Lorraine, we need to help everyone." she said, I nodded my head to her while smiling calmly.

"I will do everything to help you, Emma." I said.

  Were going to escape, I'm not letting them kill anyone from our family anymore.

Emma and I did our morning routines before helping mom to clean the house, It's hard to act normal but we need to, or else, mom would raise her suspicion to us. We act like everything that they saw last night was a dream. Norman was smiling to us as he approach me and Emma. Ray is still in their room, fixing their bedsheets.

"It's dangerous to run around the halls, Phil." I told my 4 years old sibling as he dashed towards me, Gilda sighed and fixed her glasses. Phil's I.D. number is showing to me, 34394.

"Thank you, Lorraine, he's really energetic." she said and I nodded my head, as soon as she turned around with Phil in her hands, the ink on her neck showed, 65194.

"Lorraine, did you sleep well?" suddenly, Ray grab my right arm and pulled me to walk beside him, I blushed a bit and scratch the back of my neck.

"I-I did!" I told him, he smirked and just hold my wrist instead of my arm. Were still young, this is bad for me.

  As we enter the dining hall, everyone sat on their places as I sit beside Norman and Ray, Emma is sitting beside Norman's left side. We all thanked for the food and ate silently, the warm food that I used to eat deliciously was forgotten in front of me, it bugs me that my twin is beside me but his presence is floating. I felt a pain on my forehead that made me snap from my daydream. Ray frown and put a piece of bread inside my mouth.

"If you're not going to eat then don't let me see it, it bothers me." he said and ruffled my hair. I swallow down the piece of food and smile to him before eating my own food.

"Are you still worried from the events last night?" Norman ask me, I shook my head and hold his right hand under the table before leaning my head on his shoulder.