Chapter - 12

[ The Next Day ]

With a firm determination in my eyes , I sat with the best of authors in my hand while sipping on my coffee. I need clearance from all the crap I am taking a tour through. I need to run back to my tracks,  for me , for a better version of me. My mom always warned me about days like these but we never know when the world brings us down to our knees. For when the rain starts to pour and we are stained with the worst of our fears we find it difficult to rise and maybe see the end to our story but who's going to walk you to the darkside of the morning. 

I am not sure how it will end and I'll never be sure about the future. The only thing I am sure about is that I won't take with me the polaroids and the memories. It will be me walking to the other door while I drop the weight off my shoulders on the way.  I can never betray you sadness but I am sorry for I am going to cheat on you just this once with happiness. 

I plugged in my headphones , music blasting from both ends as my feet sways to the beats. I embrace the madness as I throw my hands up in joy. It feels so good to be free from all the chains that once held your flight.

He called, yes he did. The call I was waiting for. A step towards a different destination.

"Hey my girl."

"Hello there."

"How did you night go  ?"

"It passed quiet  peacefully."

"That's good. I just wanted to tell you that last night I couldn't stop thinking about, I never will."

"Maybe you have to one day cause there won't be anything left to think about."

"I don't have a clue about what you're speaking ? What are you trying to imply girl ? "

"We need to end this , end everything right now. I cannot go around being friends with a person who holds no respect for me , my choice and my opinions. I cannot let your ill thoughts and poisoned speech ruin my beautiful present or even the future that awaits. So won't it be better that we both part ways ?"

"Are you trying to end everything between us because of that crappy person, just because I warned you about him, just because I loved you. You don't deserve someone like me, you love to be disrespected , unappreciated. After everything you just proved that you ain't better than any other girl, just same character different name. You rejected me because I'm not blessed with beauty as he is.  But I am blessed with a good heart which held pure feeling for you."

"You and your pure feelings are something I don't consider anymore. I am done leaving a fantasy you created and now it's time to snap back to reality. Oh I just did. Yes I don't deserve someone like you and never in my entire life I wish to come across a guy resembling your character. Have you every met someone cured wishing for the same deathbed ? I hope you find someone who can bring a  better change in you cause it's definitely not me."

"You really doing this. Please give it a chance and I swear we can make it work. Do not let my efforts end in vain."

"I cannot afford that kind of negativity in my life anymore. Your such efforts ruined you. I have made my decision and I think the conversation ends here. I wish you a better future. Bye."

Before he could speak another word that would make my blood boil I ended the call and blocked the contact. For a fact that today none of his gibberish affected me in any way, like it never mattered. Cause today I realized that someone's opinion doesn't define me in any way, what matters is how well I carry my own character. When you were born to fly then why prefer to crawl ?

I tossed my phone on the bed. I stretched my arms high as inhaled a sense of freedom. I won't be hearing  from him again. I can sense a bright smile lingering on my lips and love in heart for the man helping me out of every dark tunnel I've faced in my journey.  

And that's how I ended the day , a poem marking the end of a toxic friendship. 

"Thank you for everything my love. I cannot imagine having a better friend than you."

I closed my eyes as my head landed on the soft cushion, the clouds of darkness disappeared and joy twinkled in my eyes. I have never been so at peace before but now that I have met it, I wish I make the most out of it.

________________________________________________________________________________

Love, 

Rida Mushtaq.