Chapter 6- "Is it Mean't To Be?"

I finally awoke the next couple of days and what I thought I had seen the other day before I passed out -  Dimitri in his duster, I sat up, and I saw Lissa sitting beside me. "Are you okay, Rose?"

        I looked over at her. "Yeah, just my face that got banged up, nothing too serious."

        She smiled at me and said, "Maybe I could heal it for you?"

         I stared at her and quickly said, "No, Liss.. Seriously, don't use your power on me. It's not worth what it does to you or me." 

        I felt her dying need to heal me, but she was trying to respect my wishes. I grabbed her hand and said, " Hey, Lissa.. Was.. Was.. Was Dimitri here right before I had passed out again?" I had to know if what I saw was really real or if it was just my imagination playing with my eyes. 

        Lissa nodded. "Yeah. He was here when you passed out. But he said he had to check on some things and let him know when you woke up."

         I started to smile but bit it back. I delved into Lissa's feelings, and what I felt was content and worry about me. "Don't worry about me, Liss. I'm fine."

        At this, I saw a guy- but it was a guy that I would have known anywhere. Dimitri. Lissa got up and left us two to talk, probably. I lowered myself into a lounging position on the bed. But never once did my eyes leave his face. His dark hair  hung in his face, and his dark brown eyes were like melted chocolate every time I looked into them.

        "How are you?" He asks in his low but soft tone.

        I nod. "Great."

        "Your face doesn't look that bad, Rose."

       "That's easy for you to say, comrade." I say dryly.

        "No, it's not Roza."

My heart leaped at that name. He rarely used it. But when he did, it usually meant he was being affectionate. I tried not to look like it affected me. But it did, and I knew that he knew. He knows everything about me.

        "I guess now I have some decisions to make. And I'd  really appreciate it if you didn't call me Roza." I said defensively.

        He actually looked hurt at this. "Alright. I will go. But, Rose... I'm leaving after this. I might not know when I'm coming back."

        My heart stopped beating.

        How can he just leave? I looked him in the eyes and said, "Dimitri, do you believe in an us?"

        He took a deep breath and said, "I don't know what to believe anymore, Roza.." He turns and leaves me in the room, I felt more out of place than I had ever before.