Chapter Nineteen

I woke to Harrison's icy glare staring down at me. He stood beside the bed looking at me like I was an exhibit that was on display in a museum. His eyes were cold and glazed over, he looked focused and intent. I went to pull my hand down and realised I was still tied up in the cuffs, I felt a stab against my wrist where it had pulled and rubbed on my skin.

"How dare you think that you can just walk out on me." He said finally, taking his hands out of his pockets, he sat down beside me on the bed.

I was still groggy from sleeping, I felt my heart start racing as he leaned forward and put his head right up close to my face. His eyes staring coldly at me, then he shook his head from side to side, disapprovingly.

"Who do you think you are, hey." He said, his eyebrows drew together, and I panicked, I knew he wanted a response, but anything I said was going to be the wrong answer. I tried to concentrate on my breathing, but Harrison's menacing glare was too distracting.

"You think you're so perfect," his lip curled in contempt as his spoke his words so carefully.

I shook my head slowly, I daren't take my eyes off him right now. As terrified as I was feeling, I knew in that instance Harrison was capable of anything.

My heart pounded, and I could feel my pulse in my whole body pulsating in fear. "No Harrison, I don't think that at all," I said, my voice trembling. It made Harrison grin.

"Oh look at you now. Miss congeniality," he said as he stood up and walked around the bed looking me up and down. I felt so vulnerable and exposed, my body was naked and the memories of what had just happened flooded my mind.

My breathing was becoming laboured as I felt panic rising, I remembered what Ellie taught me if I was hyperventilating. My breathing slowed enough for me to look up at the light shade, I tried to focus my vision, I started counting to four as I took breathe in and out of my mouth. I saw from the corner of my eye, Harrison flip himself on the bed and lay beside me, he leant his head into his hand and glared at me with those familiar, venomous eyes. I could feel a chill run down my spine as he flicked some of the hair that was stuck on my face away, tucking it over my ear.

"Harrison. Please let me go." I blurted out, which raised another smile over his face.

"Are you going to beg!" He replied, deadpan.

I looked him in the eye, searching for some sense of remorse or compassion but I felt like I was looking into a black hole. He was totally emotionless and very calculated in his approach.

He raised his eyebrows, waiting for a response, I knew that begging was giving him what he needs, he stared menacingly at me, then said. "I guess that's a no," he answered, rolling off the bed and standing up. He walked around to my side of the bed and then put an arm each side of my face, I flinched, and my heart thumped as he came closer.

"Harrison, you're a police officer. You'll get into trouble keeping me here like this!"

"No, I won't. Because no one will ever know." He answered matter of factly.

"Harrison," I pleaded, and he laughed at me.

"You won't get away with it Harrison. My family will find you out." I said calmly, with an assertive tone.

"What!" He responded in contempt.

"Honestly Harrison. You haven't thought this through have you!" As soon as I stopped speaking Harrison's whole demeanor changed. Suddenly he was omnipotent to everything and he smiled smugly.

"What are you my mother now?" He mocked. "you think that your alcoholic mother and stuck up sister will fight for your honour!" He stood up, then leant against the chest of drawers. "You ain't got nobody." He spoke with pure malice. "I'm the one who insists on your mental health treatment. You know, the one where 250 volts fry your brain." He spoke surreptitiously. His ego inflated intensely, before my eyes. He was consumed by his own shadow.