Chapter 23 Mi Amore, Mi Amore, Please Don't Go.

Lucius's POV

I stood up as a young woman walked towards me smiling. Her hair was done in a messy bun but she looked radiant in her lovely green dress. She appeared like a true Slytherin; dirty blood or not in that instant she looked pure even to me. I pulled out her chair for her taking her cloak and placing it on the back of her chair. She smiled at me and I knew the potion had done its job. She was completely smitten. 'Severus wasn't the only one with a knack for potions and tampering with things that shouldn't be tampered with.' I grinned inwardly knowing he had probably followed her to keep an eye out. 

Severus was completely head over boots for this little wench and I intended to find out the reason why he loved her so much as well as why he insisted on loving a dirty red headed Gryffindor that had grown to hate him just as much. As she smiled I noticed small fangs protruding past her beautiful plump lips. Then at a closer look I noticed her skin tone was lighter, her hair had darker undertones, and her eyes appeared to have more gold in them. I became confused as she no longer appeared small and frail like a Mudblood witch. 'Curious indeed. What have you been hiding Severus,' I thought to myself.

"So Lucius you wanted to see me tonight?" She spoke eloquently with an almost musical tone drawing me from my thoughts. It sickened me that she was being so informal but I made my best effort to smile back because as far as she was aware we were together.

"Dear I was wondering about you because you never talk about yourself much. Tell me about where you come from. You once told me you moved to America before you were of age to start at Hogwarts so that you received a letter from Ilvermorny instead. What was it like? Also do you spend a lot of time with Severus? It's just I hardly see him anymore." She looked at me sort of dazed before scrunching her nose.

"What's Ilvermorny? Hogwarts has always been my home. Also why would I spend time outside of teaching with Professor Snape? I'm sorry Lucius I don't feel very well." She stood with her hand on her head as her eyes drifted shut and she fainted. I was stunned thinking what in the world could have caused this. Then I thought of the potion. I was sure I had adjusted the ingredients correctly but it appeared she was experiencing memory loss and now fainting which was indeed a very bad sign. Especially if she wasn't completely human the potion could affect her in a multitude of ways. Geez all I wanted to do was find out things and then give her the antidote. Instead of trying to get a vial of veritaserum it was easier to make her fall for me and tell me anything I wanted to know or so I thought.

Severus's POV

I watched in revulsion as Hermione sat with Lucius laughing and smiling as if they were old friends. Then the horror struck me as I watched her fall to the ground in a lifeless heap. 'There is no way the potion she received was properly contained or adjusted to her current condition,' I thought to myself. As much as I hated to leave her with Lucius I needed answers fast before something terrible happened. Lucius also seemed to be in shock and if he wanted something from her he would take care of her no matter what. He apparated and I knew she would be safe in Malfoy Manor. However, Narcissa was sure to throw a fit of unexplainable magical proportions. I let my wings spread as I shot into the sky. I had to see Crysthian and Lesley. They were undeniably my last hope in knowing anything that could be of aid to the current situation. All the while I thought of Hermione and how much her heart would break if the circumstances were reversed. 

Although, I find it highly difficult to believe the potion administered to her would have the same effects on myself. I closed my eyes for an instant letting the wind rush through my hair. I was glad to see her smile but to see it aimed at another person made my whole being throb worse than a thousand Doxy bites. As I landed I noticed a few Veela waiting for me including Crysthian. It would seem that Lesley was giving my son flying lessons. I was happy that my son had friends here no matter how old they were; for that matter Lesley was like a giant child. Crysthian motioned for me to follow him into the palace for a more private conversation. However, it would seem the king was to be involved in this conversation as well. His eyes landed on me and he smirked to himself.