Chapter 38- The Once and the Future Flash

Future MacKenzie's POV

I'm walking down the street back to the house.

My hands are shoved in my pockets, hood over my head, hair covering my face, and I walk quickly down the vacant streets of Central City.

It's been a few hours since I've seen Cisco and 2017 Barry, but I haven't felt any speed signatures, so I know that wasn't the last time I'd see him.

I finally get back to the house, which is 6 miles away from STAR Labs and I don't have superspeed so it took a while.

I'm about to walk in the door when one of the guys, Jordyn, stops me. He grabs my arm and I freeze.

"What do you want, Jordyn?" I ask in a low growl.

"You've got a tail." Jordyn says low and cold. "What'd you do? Bring the cops back here? You best get rid of him or you're out."

I turn around and see 2017 Barry looking around at the house, shocked.

"I'll deal with him." I say.

I walk down the pathway and over to 2017 Barry. I take my hood off my head.

"What?" I ask him.

"A drughouse, Mack? Really?" 2017 Barry asks,

"It's Z and it's not what it looks like--" I try.

"Oh, really, cause it looks like you're a junkie." 2017 Barry says. "I thought I raised you better than that."

"Raised me?" I ask. "You abandoned me." I pause for a moment. "You never checked up on me. You never asked how I was doing. I was lucky if I got to even see you at all after Iris died. You raised me? You weren't there for me. You weren't there when I quaked apart my bones." I point to my arms. "You weren't there when Caitlin went frosty. You weren't there when Julian blamed me or when my quakes hurt Wally. You weren't there when I hurt and almost killed Cisco. And you weren't there when Joe threw me to the streets because I couldn't stop Savitar from killing Iris like all of you wanted me to." I pause for a brief moment, combing a hand through my hair. "Did you know I have PTSD from Savitar? Did you know I have anxiety from the metas. Did you know I have depression from Ronnie...from Caitlin...from Joe...from Iris....from Cisco, from you. Where do you think a traumatized, messed up, abandoned little orphan girl goes when she's thrown to the street? She goes here." I gesture around to the drughouse. "When no one wants her anymore, and the people she used to call her family can't even stand to be in the same room as her...she ends up places like here." I tell him. "So I'm sorry that this is the way I turned out, but I turned out this way because you weren't there. So don't you dare for a second blame me for how I ended up. You're just as much to blame."

"Mack...I...I--" 2017 Barry stutters.

"How did you find me?" I ask, cutting him off.

"What do you mean?" 2017 Barry asks.

"I live here, 6 miles away from STAR Labs at the edge of the city. My feet have been on the ground since I got here and I didn't feel any of your speed signatures so I know you didn't run. No one knows I'm here because I've changed my name and to be honest they don't care where I live. And don't say you tracked my phone because I don't have one and it's impossible to track a pay phone so how did you find me all the way out here?" I ask him.

"Well..." 2017 Barry trails off.

"Did you follow me?" I ask and he's quiet. "That's why I didn't feel your signatures in the ground, you weren't using your speed cause you were following me. Let me guess, 4 blocks behind me and ducking away any time I turned around?"