19.

My knees nearly collapsed, were we ever gonna escape. Mikey let out a desperate scream throwing the hose out toward the cabin.

"We gotta go!" Mikey sighed still trying move forward.

"Where?!" I shouted. "Can't you see we are trapped!"

"I'm tired..." Lilly sighed calmly and walking toward the cabin.

"No Lilly!" Mikey grabbed her."We are getting out of here!"

"When you do..." She yanked her arm back from him. "Wake me up. I'm going to bed."

"This is all my fault..." I cried falling to my knees. "I dreamt this!"

"Sam this isn't a dream!" Mikey gulped trying to comfort me.

"No it isnt!" I sobbed. "Its a fucking nightmare! My nightmare! That thing! Is MY MOTHER!" Lilly stopped in her tracks and I could feel Mikey srop breathing.

"She's your what?..." Lilly asked so calmly and normal.

"Wh-when...how?!" Mikey stuttered, his eyes widened in fear and confusion.

"H-her friends all died..." I tried explaining. "She killed them."

"W-why?!" Mikey sniffed.

"I don't know!" I cried.

"I have an idea." Lilly sighed approaching us. "Its a great one!"

"Getting out of here doesn't work." Mikey sighed getting me to my feet.

"I know." Lilly gulped. She was hiding something behind her back. I had a bad feeling."But...What if we killed Sam?"

"What?" Mikey scoffed almost laughing a bit. "Have you gone insane! Killing Sam isn't gonna do anything?!"

"Maybe. But maybe it'll free us!" Lilly smiled looking at me with a sinister look. "Spare the Rod, spoil the child!" She lunged at me and pierced my stomach with a piece of glass.

"Lilly get back!" Mikey shoved her hard to the ground while I pulled out the bloody shard. I was in shock as the pain made me weak. I kept pressure on the wound shivering as my body was going cold. "Lilly what did you do?!" He screamed holding me.

"What I had to do!" She yelled back taking a few steps back."this is all you fault, Sam! Because of you-" Something slapped her across the face with a heavy force that made me fall over. She screamed in Pain turning to us, her face with four deep bloody scratch marks.

"Lilly!" Mikey ran to her but was thrown back. "Sam make it stop!" He coughed. I stood silent watching as something was scratching deeply into her face."Sam stop this!" Mikey yelled as we watched in horror. I covered my ears and turned away trying to block everything out. Finally after a long moment things went quiet.

"L-Lilly..." Mikey sobbed crawling slowly to her. I turned and saw that Lilly was still barely alive. She managed to stand, her face destroyed into a scraps of flesh as some fell off her face. She outstretched her hands out to me when a metal pole rose from the ground going through her chest. I screamed as Mikey managed to guide me into the cabin.

"Shhh!" He sobbed covering my mouth as we hid under the table. The house rumbled and creaked as that static sound started hurting out ears.

"Lilly...I'm sorry..." I sobbed rocking back and forth, hitting my head repeatedly on the tile floor.

             I woke up, for a second I felt the calm of being normal again. But then soon everything flooded back into reality. It was still pitch dark outside, no sign of light in sight. Mikey and I were laying under the hardwood table, his head on my chest. I still couldn't move my hand even if I tried, it felt like my arm was asleep. I picked at the bandages until they completely came off to reveal my blackened arm.

"I-is she here?" Mikey abruptly said suddenly waking up in a panic.

"No." I sighed pulling him close to me. I could feel his heart beating fast, this was the first time I've seen him so scared.

"Sam..." He gulped holding my hands. "I'm so sorry..." I hugged him tight. "I'm a fucking idiot-"

"Your not." I whispered."Nobody's perfect..."

"But if it weren't for-"

"Mikey..." I whispered."I forgive you."

All lies. I Shut my eyes tight trying to block out that sinister voice. To the third floor and seek. No more binds, for the blind.

"T-third floor!" I spat out quickly crawling out to head upstairs.

"Sam! Wait!" I heard Mikey call out.

"I know what I'm doing!" I called out pulling open the third floor door. "I know what I'm doing..." I gulped heading up. Through the light of the moon the room was scratched up ripping into the wallpaper.

"Sam..." Mikey gulped coming up. All the frames were cracked and scattered on the floor. Except for one. "Sam come look at this." I turned and went over to the far wall. "Is that...that's-that's the woman!" The picture had 7 people smiling and sitting on the logs in the backyard. 4 girls and three guys. But everyone's eyes were X'ed out. Except for hers.

"This is fucking creepy..." Mikey whispered trying to pull me away. "Sam lets-" I grabbed the frame and smashed against a desk than onto the floor."Sam what did you do?!" I stared down at the picture, the shattered glass. The glass began to tremble all around us. Mikey hugged Me tight as the house began to quake. The glass was returning to the frame and the walls began peeling off the wallpaper. Bright sunlight was flickering, day to night, day to night in a flash. And Finally....silence. The sun was shining outside and the birds...chirping. I could feel my heart beating in a panic and us trying to catch our breath.

"Mikey..." I gasped looking around. The walls were empty shimmering in shiny replenished wood. I took a couple steps out toward the balcony to see the sunlight. It felt like years since I last saw it. "D-did we do it?" Mikey stammered.

"I-I don't know-" I jumped hearing the door slam open.

"Hailey come on!"