"Kinsley, how are you feeling?"

"I had the weirdest dream." I proceeded to tell Prim and Alex all about it.

"For a scientist, you're extremely imaginative. Where do you come up with this stuff?"

"I have no idea. It felt so real though. Like my dad coming back and girl, I woke up with a pounding headache."

"Hunter and Avery being friends?" Alex laughed. "Next time just let the Goose go."

"Ugh don't even remind me." I touched my forehead.

Lunch was a special time for us on Sundays. We got together and just enjoyed each others company. It's mainly a time for recuperating after a night out. This Sunday was the worst one yet. I felt horrible. Prim literally had to drag me out of bed. Alex was waiting for an hour. I'm telling you putting the bottle away is the best option. We always come to TODA's for lunch. They have the best breakfast in the world.

"Brb." Alex down her water and walked turns the restroom.

Prim cleared her throat. "Kinzy it was real."

"What?"

"Everything that happened last night. I didn't think you would wake up. I thought you were dead." She started crying.

"Prim, what are you talking about?" I sat next to her. "It was just a dream."

"No it wasn't! Was zur Hölle? Avery est tellement mort quand je le vois." She started speaking in different languages like her translator was broken. "他為什麼不告訴你?"

I just sat there staring. Alex came back and joined us. It was dead silent. Everyone inside was waiting for Prim to say something else. I was waiting for a translation and Alex was confused. I've only ever heard Prim speak in English or French. When did she learn German and Chinese? Who is teaching her all of these languages?

"Kinzy?"

"Kid you just spoke in 4 different languages. Now you're trying to tell me we have 'superpowers'." She nodded. "Wait. Did you say, Avery? How do you know Avery?"

"I met him 3 months ago on the bridge. We went and fought Adversity together." I was shooketh. "Don't you remember?"

"How in the hell does she know what adversity means?" Alex asked.

I just looked at Alex. She really didn't understand. I couldn't even form a sentence to try and explain what Alex was missing in this conversation. I looked at Prim. She can't be serious right? I don't even know what to say. I'm not a superhero. There's no way.

"Kinzy and I are superheroes. We met Avery weekend on top of the big bridge." Prim attempted to whisper.

"This makes a lot of sense Kinz."

"No, it doesn't Alex." I turned to her. "What part of I'm a superhero makes sense to you? Please explain that to me."

"The insomnia? The reason you're always exhausted and stressed. Your dreams are the most vivid things I've ever heard. You can describe the sound of kicking someone in the face. Have you ever actually kicked someone in the face?" I shook my head. "Exactly how would you know what that sounds like unless you've actually done it? Also, the events in your dreams have happened. The bowling alley was broken into. Nothing was stolen but still, it happened."

There is no way everything I dreamed about since we've moved is real. Alex did not just single-handedly confirm that. This makes no sense. Again with the nonsense, I suppose. Prim is 5 there's no way I'd let her go fight crime with a bunch of teenagers. I have way too much on my plate.

"Y'all are crazy." I grabbed my things. "I've got to go."

"Where are you going?"

"To clear my head." I dashed out of the door and bumped into a body. "I'm so sorry."

"It's fine. Just watch where you going next time." That voice.

I looked up and saw Mr. Withers. That's not where his voice registered in my mind. Remember the bowling alley, "Go chase a squirrel." No way Mr. Withers is the nicest/coolest teacher I've ever had. There's no possible way he's a villain.

I nodded at him and kept walking all the way home. Bad mother freaking idea. Guess who got caught in the rain? Yep, that's correct, me. I can't believe my luck. Who am I kidding? Ge-off, my mom, Alex, and Jay were all in the kitchen. I walked in and my mother started crying. She ran to me hugging me.

"Where have you been?" Ge-off inquired.

"Walking home. It takes a lot longer when it starts pouring." I answered as sarcastic as possible.

"Go take off your wet clothes and I'll make you some coco or coffee or whatever you like."

"You know this wouldn't happen if I had my own car." I said trailing up the stairs with Alex in hot pursuit.

I squelch into my room and immediately start to undress. There is nothing like getting dry after being outside in the rain. It's one of the greatest feelings in the world.

"Whoa what is going?"

"Why are you in here?"

"I'll just wait outside." He jumped out the window. My room is on the second floor.

Alex and I ran to the window. We looked out and there was no sign of Avery. It was like he vanished. I looked at Prim and shook my head. I hurried and dried off and threw on my favorite pair of sweatpants, fuzzy socks, and hoodie. I walked out of my room and down the hall.

"Where are you going?" Alex poked her head out of my room.

"To get some hot hot chocolate." I started down the stairs.

"Grab Prim and I some please."

Do I look like I have three arms? No, I don't thanks for asking. I reached the kitchen and my mother was running around trying to fix the mugs as fast as possible.

"Slow down, I'm fine." She looked at me and gave me another squeeze.

She wiped a tear from her eye and went back to work. There was a knock at the door. I answered it and guess who was there. Avery freakin' Forest holding an umbrella. Not a drop of rain on him. I waved him in.

"Mom make that 4 cups. I forgot I invited Avery over for a study session with Alex and I."

"No problem honey." She didn't even look up. "You guys go on up and I'll bring the chocolate as soon as I'm done."

I nodded at Avery and we walked upstairs. We reached my room and I shut the door.

"We need to talk."

"All of the events in your "dreams" are real. They're not dreams. I am Sentry and we do fight crime together every day." Avery spoke.

"Prove it." Alex said.

Avery looked confused. "I thought I did. Did I not fly into your window?"

"I don't know I wasn't here to see you." I shrugged.

He picked up one of my snow globes and slammed it so hard it shattered. He smashed my favorite snow globe and within seconds it was put back together.

"Hit the lights, Alex." Alex flipped the switch and the only thing visible was the lightning from outside.

A few seconds passed before anything happened. Avery's hands began to glow yellow. His head tilted back and his eyes were beginning to turn yellow as well. His body started to rise off the ground.

"Why are the lights off-!?!" My door swung open and she dropped the tray of mugs. The lights came on seconds after. Avery slowly started to drift to the floor. Alex and I caught him.

"I told ya so."

My mom ran out of the room clutching her pocket. Thunder struck a tree nearby and the house began to shake. The lights serged and then it went dark again. Everything was quiet all you could hear was the hum of rain outside.

"D she knows."