Chapter 1: The End Of A Nightmare?

• Dedicated to Everyone Who Decided To Read My Crappy Book

"Heaven!" I screamed as I jumped back onto my bed, flinging my book bag onto the floor. I sighed in relief. Finally, another year of school down the drain! And, of course, I was happy to be out of it once and for all. Too bad my parents were on a trip for the summer.

In the state of joy I was currently in I abruptly sat up and reached for my phone which was the one thing that was placed neatly on my nightstand.

"School's out! Time for fun!!" I muttered, typing each word as I spoke. Doing that has always been a habit of mine which is one reason I never texted in class.

After texting my friend, I placed my phone back down and headed to the kitchen, deciding to make myself a "Beginning of Summer" snack.

My snack of choice ended up being a delicious sandwich.

As I was about to take a bite, the doorbell rang and disturbed the peace. Slightly confused and irritated I walked over and answered the door without a second thought. To my surprise, it was a boy!

I never was popular with them, or with anyone for that matter, and were confused as to why this boy was here in the first place. To make things even more strange it was someone that didn't go to my school. He seemed cute though so I instantly discarded that fact.

"Hello?" I said with a smile.

The boy looked about my age. He was a bit smaller - actually, a lot smaller than me - but still looked pretty mature, automatically making me think of him as an older person. The mysterious boy wore a Link hat, which I thought was kind of cute, a green t-shirt and some plain blue jeans.

The boy gave a small smile and began to speak. "Hello there, (Y/N). I was just wondering if you would like to have an old game of mine? It's called Majora's Mask and it's free." He smiled, holding up a game in his right hand to show me.

The game didn't sound too familiar but being me, someone who didn't like to reject stuff that was free, I nodded quickly without giving the whole scenario a second thought.

"Okay, sure!" I exclaimed.

The strange boy grinned at me before speaking. "Cool! Thanks for taking it off my hands!" The boy handed me the game before turning to walk away, not giving me a second to respond.

Awkwardly smiling, I closed the door and glanced at the game in my hands. It was a Nintendo 64 cartridge with the word "Majora" written on it's back. Pretty shady looking in my opinion.

The conversation replayed in my head and I made sure to note every little detail about what just happened. That's when something hit me.

How did he know my name?