Chapter 3: Turned Upside Down

First I'm playing a creepy game in my room and now I'm getting my killer some cheesecake. Well at least I can add that to the list of "things I never thought I would be doing."

I looked in the fridge to find another half-eaten cheesecake. The masked man was still following me to make sure I didn't do anything 'strange.' I grabbed the cheesecake and cut a slice for him. I put it on a plate with a fork and gave it to him.

"Anything else your majesty." I muttered to myself sarcastically. But guess what? He heard me! Wow, this day just keeps on getting better and better. 

"Don't talk to me like that or-"

"Or you'll kill me. I got it!" I said cutting him off as I rolled my eyes.

I could just feel him smirk at me as he nodded. "Good, you caught on." He slowly lifted his mask then began eating the cheesecake. Within a few seconds, all that was left was an empty plate. 

I just stared in awe at him. "How can you eat like that?" I asked. 

He grinned before pulling down his mask. "I just love cheesecake." He said as he got up from the table.

I turned to the clock that hung on my wall. 1:28 AM. "Look, er...What's your name?" I asked. The man froze, his body stiffening. The masked man turned towards me, almost seemingly like he was contemplating about answering or not. 

"It's....Masky." He answered cautiously, almost like he thought I was going to spread his name around like a disease. Not like I was gonna tell anybody about him.

"Well, Masky, I really need to get to bed. It's pretty late for me." I trailed off. 

Masky seemed to have glanced at the clock then back to me. "Alright. Go to bed then." Masky said like he lived here.

My eyes widen a bit. "Well here's the thing." I responded awkwardly. "You're a stranger to me and this is my house. I don't think it would be smart to go to sleep knowing someone who could possibly kill me is here." He chuckled. "Well I have no where to go tonight. I have some...problems with where I usually stay so I'm going to have to stay here. And trust me, I wont kill you in your sleep."

I swear I heard him whisper, "Damn it, Toby," under his breath.

I swallowed. How am I supposed to believe him? Anyone could say that!

"Uh well, to be honest, I don't think I can trust you." He stiffened once again for a second then relaxed. I could slightly hear him chuckle behind that mask. "Well just between you and me, I would think you should trust someone who planned to kill you and then didn't."

He planned to kill me? I thought. Before I could ponder about what he just said, I heard a yelp then a crash coming from my room. Masky must have heard it too. "Oh great. Someone else." I muttered. I grabbed the fork that was still sitting on Masky's plate and began walking towards the stairs, Masky close behind.

Once I made it up the stairs and to my room, I slowly took a peek. Who do I find? The same guy who gave me the game, but in a Link costume. He had black eyes and red pupils. 

Where was this person exactly? 

He was stuck in my TV. His leg was stuck to be exact. 

"Uh, a little help?" He said, struggling to move. The boy's blonde hair fell into his eyes, blinding him for a second before he took matters into his own hands and blew it out of the way.

Masky didn't hesitate to help him which I thought was strange. But by now, what really is the definition of strange? 

Still I couldn't quite shake the questions that kept popping into my head. Did he know this man or something? Is this the "Toby" that Masky whispered under his breath? So many questions. 

With one quick pull Masky had pulled the strange Link out of the TV. I started in awe at the two.

"Um, who is that?" I asked. They both looked at each other for a second before looking back at me. "I'm BEN." The Link character said, holding out his hand. I hesitantly shook it, not really sure if I should or not.

"You're the one who sold me that game!" I said. 

BEN grinned at me. "Well duh! I needed someone to play my game. Sales have been pretty slow for awhile. You just seemed gullible enough to take it!" 

My face reddened in embarrassment. "How was I supposed to know the same guy who haunts the game is the one who sold me it?" I huffed under my breath, crossing my arms.

"So Masky, you having fun away from everyone else?" BEN asked. Masky just shook his head. "Not really. At least I can stay here for the time."

"Wait, you're actually staying?! I thought you were kidding!" BEN smirked while Masky chuckled. What have I gotten myself into?