Chapter 1 : A Sad Start

"Don't you see? I'm busy making our beds!" replied Adophine.

"Yeah, but Mom told you to do it, why did you ask me and why didn't you ask Berna or Tina?" I argued and walked away angrily as I took the empty bucket with me.

"What an attitude..." Berna pointed out.

"I only asked her to help me by bringing some water from the well and she made such a mess about it" said Adophine.

"Wait. Aren't we supposed to pick up Malena and Curtsy?" reminded Tina.

"Oh, yeah, they're supposed to be here by now. We should go and check" agreed Berna.

"You guys go I have to help Mom and Dad" said Adophine.

I was outside next to the well, as I saw Berna and Tina walking past me.

"Make sure to take enough water Horix, we're going to pick up Malena and Curtsy" said Tina. I gave a little grump, I wanted to go and pick up Malena and Curtsy too! Instead, I had to bring water from the well. Mom always said that I was too young to travel alone.

At the train station,

Tina and Berna waited such a long time for the train to arrive, and they started to worry if they crossed their sisters while walking. But Dad always told them to take the safe way back home, so Tina and Berna decided to wait a little longer.

Radio speaking:

"The passengers on train 57 are a bit late, due to the train collision on the way. The police and ambulance immediately came to the rescue but unfortunately, some of the passengers did not survive the collision, we are terribly sorry for any inconvenience, thank you"

Tina and Berna were shocked. Scared. What if Malena and Curtsy couldn't make it? They traveled back home, so shocked and scared by the news, the results would be on screen in 30 mins. They told everyone about the news and everyone bursted into tears.

30 mins later... on the TV,

I am sorry to say that there were 50 people dead including the driver and 150 others were injured, if one of your members of your family passed away during the collision we will let you know by giving you a call. The cause of the collision was due to improper maintenance of the train tracks.

We all watched in tears knowing that there would be no chance that Malena and Curtsy survived.

"This can't be true" said Tina.

"I believe it is" assured Mom clearing her tears.

DRING DRING!!!

The family looked at each other in despair; Malena and Curtsy were gone...

"Hello?" asked Mom. "Yes, yes we will be right there, thank you" Mom put the phone down and said "They're gone"