Chapter 7: No intruders

I woke up by the sunlight in my eyes. Dad was grilling the meat, still a bit sick by the situation that I almost got killed. They told me that they rescued me from the animal which was actually a panther. Dad shot it by the back and it died. As for the warning, it's pretty clear that Malena and Curtsy wrote it but how?

 We have been walking miles away from home now and some of our family left us behind. But we will not surrender until we uncover this mystery...together.

"Dad, we've been walking all over the forest searching for clues or anything that would lead us to a clue. Dad, I'm bored, why can't we just go back and forget everything that has happened. We lost almost all of our family and all this because we decided to discover where the bodies of Malena and Curtsy are hidden, this is stupid!" complained Berna.

"We promised that together, as a family, we will work together and discover where the bodies of Malena and Curtsy are hidden. And whoever passes away during this mission, the forest's spirit will return their soul to the nature" replied Dad.

The nature around us inspired me, including all these experiences in the forest. I felt like I belonged here.

It was dark and the trees were closing in on us.

"It's dark already! Where are we going to rest and what are we going to eat?" I asked.

"We will keep walking until we find a smooth ground to sleep on and then I will go and hunt" replied Dad.

"Wait! Can you smell that?" asked Berna, smelling the air around us.

"It's been a long time that I haven't smelled the delicious smell of fresh food," I said, adoring the smell.

"It's a house! Maybe someone can help us and lend us some food" exclaimed Dad.

We came into a clearing, with only one house. The smell must've come from there!

"Let's look inside the windows!" I suggested.

We looked inside the windows and the first thing we found was...food! But it wasn't the only thing; the food was prepared by SPRITES!

"Oh my god, what are those?" asked Berna, alarmed.

"Sprites...those creatures hate intruders especially when they interrupt their meal" replied Dad

I couldn't handle waiting anymore so I went in to steal the food...