Chapter 18 : Our town

After packing our things, we arrived in the town.

"How could we  never see this town before" I whispered to Hector

"I don't know" he replied

"You're welcome to stay in our house," said the man

'Thank you, it would be great" we said politely.

In their house, it felt so warm and humid. There was also fresh food on the dining table. Upstairs, there were two spare beds for us to sleep on. And most importantly, there was a family. The man and his wife had three kids and we got adopted.

We had everything we needed. Everything we've always dreamed of.

We told them about how we got lost and how we survived one year in the forest.

But we didn't tell them that we fought the two witches and that we had powers beyond the universe...

15 years later...

"Oriana! Could you please take the water from the well?" asked the man.

Oriana was my new name; they got bored with my old name so they changed it. And that was my father (my adoptive father) who was calling me.

Hector and I grew up as beautiful young adults. We each found a passion, went to university and followed our dreams.

Hector's powers were never used since then. And as for Adophine, she disappeared. But she would always be known as The Wolf Girl.

And I would be known as The Brave Survivor. Side by side with my companion: The Master of the Flames.

THE END