Chapter 13: Deal with the master

My sleep was just perfect; I slept in an enormous pile of pillows. And we even had a pillow fight.

"Breakfast is ready!" called Hector

"Haha, you sound like my mom" I teased, missing my mom's voice. I still remember what she said: "continue your path and remember that your ancestors will be proud of you all" "I love you all equally...be careful".

The thought of her formed tears in my eyes.

"Hey, are you okay, did you have a bad dream?" Hector asked, coming to sit next to me.

"No, I just remembered my mom's last words, and the thought of her made me sad" I replied, resting my head on his shoulder, I just felt like I needed someone right now.

"You know I'm always here for you," he said, pulling me to him so I could cry on his shoulder. I knew that he also missed his mother too.

Suddenly a loud noise interrupted the reunion.

"What was that?" asked Hector

"I don't know" I replied

We went out and guess what we saw. A. Giant. Monster!

"THE BEAST!!!" shouted Hector.

"RRAAAAaaaaaaaaaaahhhh" growled the beast.

It was waiting outside our tent, and it looked very mad, VERY. It was the first time that I saw the beast with my own eyes. It had a set of needle-sharp teeth and his glowing amber eyes looked at us, his paws were as big as saucers, and his voice was so loud you couldn't hear yourself think. His fur was a flame and coal mix, he looked so powerful. He had a large and heavy head and his roars and growls were terrifying. If you heard him up close, you would know the meaning of fear and terror...

"What do you want Timber?" asked Hector.

"Wait how do you-

"I want a duel" roared the tiger.

I gasped.

"Alone, you and me" it replied

"What! That's out of your mind! You can't accept that!" I cried.

"It's done" he retorted

"Wait why are you proposing this?" I asked

"So we will know who the best fighter in the forest is" replied Timber, grinning. "I will take my revenge"

"Tomorrow at five in the morning," said Hector and walked away leaving me in the middle.

"But, it's too dangerous!" I cried but no one listened to me.

At five in the morning the next day:

"Are you ready?" I asked Hector who was putting on his silver metal coat.

"I'm more than ready" he replied confidently.

"It's time!" growled a voice outside our tent.

"I've got to go," he said giving me a kiss on the cheek, I blushed. "Wish me luck"

"I will," I said.

I was so scared, what if he didn't make it? But I have faith in him.