Chapter 11: Who can I trust in these woods?

"Are you sure about this place?" I asked, concerned.

"Of course, I came here a billion times before," he said, reassuring me. "But at these part of the woods, nothing is what it seems, so be careful"

"Oh, my! Look at these flowers, how magnificent" I said, putting my hand up to touch the petals.

"NO! Those are poisonous!" Hector warned pulling my hand away and I came back to my senses.

"What, what happened?" I asked, feeling a head pain.

"You were in a spell that almost got you poisoned" he replied. "Now, we should keep going and beware of poisonous plants"

I nodded and we kept going this time I kept my hands away from the flowers.

"This is the most dangerous part of the forest, be careful of stinging branches and flying creatures" he warned but just as he said it, a flying creature passed above us.

"What- I couldn't finish my sentence when Hector pulled me into a run, just like when we first met.

I got lots of scratches on my legs when I touched those spiky branches, Hector didn't seem to mind his scratches at all, I guess he's used to this.

He kept running when suddenly he stopped, in front of a cliff.

"What are we going to do now?" I asked shaking to the fact that we were going to be killed.

"JUMP!" he screamed and pulled me with him.

"WHA-Aaaaahh" I screamed, what has gotten into him! I squeezed his hand, hard.

A moment later, a few meters before touching the ground, large birds came out and took us on their backs, I was breathing heavily. I saw Hector smiling at me; he knew this was going to happen, so at the thought of it, I laughed happily for the first time.