Chapter 9 : What is out there?

That was incredible! I wondered how I got out of the house like that. I looked at myself and realized that the food I was holding disappeared. Maybe it was the sprites that used their magic to get me away from their house.

I walked all over the forest searching for Dad and Berna. But they weren't there. I couldn't believe that they would abandon me.

"Berna, Dad! Where are you?" I called. I searched everywhere but couldn't find anyone. "Please! Come back, I don't know what- AAaah! I fell into a trap...

.....

When we reached a cabin, Hector let go of my hand.

"Are you okay?" he asked me

"Yea, I'm fine but what was that?" I asked

"It was the beast, the most feared creature in the forest, no one knows how it looks like" replied Hector.

"Wow it must be that scary," I said

"Yeah" replied Hector

There was something mysterious about him that I liked about, he must not be far from my age.

"So do you want to come to my house for dinner?" asked Hector breaking the silence, because of the fact that I was staring right into his deep blue eyes.

"Oh, yea, sure, don't you have a family?" I asked walking in his wooden house feeling a lot warmer.

"Yes, I live with my dad, he's a hunter, and I was born here too, my mother left me when I was six" explained Hector

I knew how he felt because my mom passed away too.

" I'm sorry, I lost my mom too" I replied

"Oh, so what brought you to this part of the forest?" he asked

I filled him up with all that was happening and about the mystery that we were going to discover. We chatted and ate at the same time until it was late and Hector's dad came back.

"Dad! This is my new friend, her name is Horix and I found her in the forest so I invited her for dinner" said Hector to his dad.

"Oh, so  what brought you here, Horix?" Hector's dad asked.

I quickly filled him up with information and then I slept in a cozy bed. It was the first time in forever that I slept in a nice bed and I had food to eat.