17: Agwin's Loss

Seraphina's POV

I frowned at Arlo. 'What is he thinking?' I thought to myself. 'He knew that Blyke couldn't win against her, but still didn't pull him out?'

My gaze traveled over to Agwin's Queen. She watched, obviously pleased at her victory, as Blyke limped back, supported by Elaine. My eyes narrowed, and I shifted my feet, thinking about being her next opponent.

"No." Arlo put out his hand to stop me. "I already told you. Blyke and I are going to take care of this. You will sit back and watch."

I blinked, not understanding why he was so insistent about it. "Whatever." I muttered before stepping back.

Before the next round started, the Agwin Queen returned back to her team briefly. She high-fived with Broven, and the Healer and the Jack congratulated her.

"Nice one!" Broven smiled at the Queen. Then his face turned more serious. "But don't let your guard down. There's a reason why Wellston's ranked first in Turf Wars. They've never lost a fight before."

The silver-gray haired girl waved his concern away. "Don't worry, Broven. I won't play around anymore."

***

"Both teams are down one member each! The next match will be between Wellston's King and Agwin's Queen! And begin!"

The Queen seemed to realize that Arlo was very powerful, and thus unleashed all her eight arachnid legs at him. But Arlo's smirk didn't falter as he activated his ability, his eyes glowing blue. A dome shaped barrier formed around him, easily blocking the girl's attack.

Seeing that, the girl changed her tactic. She used four of her legs to launch herself into the air, then attacked from above. I could tell she was looking for a weak point in Arlo's barrier. 'Smart...' I thought. 'It would be a good idea, but..."

Arlo raised his hand, and another yellow barrier formed around him. 'But Arlo's barrier has no weak points.' I finished. 'And the difference in power is way too big.' As the Queen's legs smashed into the barrier, she received many cuts because of the reflective damage.

She jumped back, dripping blood from her cuts as she stood some distance away. Arlo's confident smile widened as we walked toward the girl, humming and with his hands in his pockets. "Stay back!" The girl yelled, panicking. Arlo formed a barrier around her, but she didn't realize that she was trapped, and tried to attack again, which resulted in her taking more reflective damage.

She tried to back away, but she bumped against the barrier. Arlo entered the barrier calmly, now just a couple steps away from her. "I said stay back!" Arlo easily blocked her attacks.

"Aren't you supposed to be undefeatable?" Arlo sneered as he walked even closer. "What a disappointment. I've heard so many good things about you, but you're really nothing out of the ordinary..." He said harshly.

Angry, the Agwin Queen tried to slap him, but Arlo tilted his head backwards, and she missed. "Shut up!" she cried.

Arlo grabbed her outstretched hand, restricting her movement, while grabbing her neck and choking her with his other hand. 

"Wait, stop the fight! We've lost this one!" Broven shouted, causing my head to turn. He looked panicked as his Queen was choking.

But Arlo acted as if he hadn't heard Broven. "You can't touch me with weak attacks like those." He said, blocking all of the attacks from his victim. 

"Hey Arlo!" Broven hollered, getting desperate as the Queen grew weaker. "What are you playing at? I called her out, so let her go already!" 

Gou looked agitated as he dashed toward the barrier. "That's it! I'm breaking her out of there!"

"Wait!" Broven called. "You're not strong enough to-" His voice was cut off as Gou smashed into the barrier, coughing up blood while taking reflective damage. Now even Elaine, Blyke, and Stephanie looked worried. 

As I was about to step forward to stop Arlo, Stephanie beat me to it. "Stop it!" She yelled, activating her ability.