Chapter 12

I sigh in relief when I realized I had actually brought one of my more decent looking swimming costumes with me, I pulled it out the drawer and assessed it. The costume was plain black and strappy with a low back. I packed it in a tote bag along with a towel, my makeup remover, hairbrush, purse, keys and phone. I slipped on a pair of fluffy sliders, grabbed my tan teddy jacket and headed for Jason's room. I had to at least pick him up for the date I invited him on.

I knocked on his door and he quickly answered, wearing blue jeans and a white T-shirt with his north face puffa jacket on.

"Aw, you look cute in that jacket!" Jason stroked my jacket, feeling how soft it was.

I couldn't help but giggle "C'mon, let's go!" I swatted his hand away and took hold of it instead, pulling him along.

We headed across the resort, towards the swimming pool, it was dark by now and the park was quiet, only a few guests were walking around, heading back to their chalets.

"Seeing you in a bikini on our first date, what kind of girl are you?" Jason chuckled and bumped my hip, teasing me.

"Hey!" I playfully swatted him "Just keep your eyes closed then!" I rolled my eyes.

"Not complaining." I heard him mutter under his breath.

I tutted. We finally arrived at the entrance, we walked up the stairs into the reception where a lady in a red polo shirt and shorts was sat at a desk. She had a lanyard around her neck and looked like she was one of the lifeguards. She looked up at us and smiled, pressing a button which allowed the electric gate to open, allowing us access to the changing rooms.

I let go of Jason's hand "See you in a bit!" I went into the women's changing room and Jason went into the men's. I found a free stall quickly, considering it was only staff attending. I changed into my black swimsuit and wrapped the towel around myself. I tied my hair up into a high bun in an attempt to keep it dry. I packed my clothes back into the tote bag and placed it in one of the lockers that were opposite the changing stalls. I wrapped the key that was on a wristband around my wrist and headed off into the pool area.

Flumes surrounded the perimeter of the vast area, on the right-hand side was a wave pool, the water splashed around side to side, creating big waves that crashed into the people in the pool. On the left-hand side was a normal pool area leading to a jacuzzi and rapids area with inflatable rings to ride on. Inflatable lido's and balls were dotted around for the party, and loud music was blaring in every direction.

"Lottie!" I heard from the distance, seeing waving hands from the wave pool, I squinted my eyes in the direction and saw Jason. How the heck did he get over there so quickly. I waved back and begun my descent into the pool, towards his direction.

I was getting splashed every which way from the waves, I attempted to dodge them but eventually just let my body flow with them and jump to avoid the tall ones splashing me.

"Catch!" Jason threw one of the inflatable balls in my direction, but I realized too late and it hit me on the head.

"Hey! You're meant to be nice to me, this is a date!" I complained, feigning hurt by rubbing my head.

He swam over to me and pouted "Come here." I gave him a suspicious look but swum closer.

He wrapped his arms around me from under the water and took me in an embrace, it was kind of sweet until he decided to lift my whole body above water and throw me back in, submerging me and what was my dry hair. After I had floated back up, I gave him a deathly stare.

"You're gonna regret that." I jumped at him, dunking him under the water.

He came to the surface and begun laughing, he ran a hand through his wet hair and somehow managed to look even more attractive than he already was, while I was stood staring at him looking like a drowned rat.