I can explain

~Britney's P.O.V~

"Jeffrey wait!"

"Honey, just let him go. You're not supposed to have any excitement so why don't you come in and sit down with us."

I ignore Clara and follow Jeffrey outside.

He's already halfway down the street when I step out the door.

"JEFFREY WAIT! PLEASE COME BACK. I LOVE YOU."

~Jeffrey's P.O.V~

I'm trying to block out Britney's voice as I sprint away from her, but when I hear her say she loves me I immediately stop running. I beg my feet to move but they stay planted. I quickly turn my head to see a few tears glide down her perfect face.

She starts to trot towards me, but before she can even get close I'm already running again. There's no way she can catch up to me since she's not even supposed to be running at all.

"GO HOME BRITNEY." Is all I can say before I round the corner of the street, leaving the neighborhood behind me.

~Emily's P.O.V~

Clara and I wait for Britney to come back. I hear Jeffrey yell something but I can't make out what it is.

Suddenly the front door swings open and Britney stumbles through the doorway.

"He doesn't want me anymore."

The poor girl can hardly speak she's crying so hard.

I watch as Clara tries to comfort the distraught girl.

~Clara's P.O.V~

I run over to Britney and grab her shoulders.

"Don't worry, he's a boy. Boys are stupid. He doesn't know what he's doing, but he'll figure out what's right soon enough."

~Jeffrey's P.O.V~

Am I a horrible person for leading Britney on again?

Yes. I am.

But I really did mean it. I missed her. So much. Even though I can't hold her in my arms, or play with her hair while we watch her favorite movie, even just being able to hear her soft voice is better than nothing.

I need to get Charlie off my case, so maybe I could spend at least a little bit of time with Britney. And I know just how to do it...

About 10 minutes pass, and I'm at my school. I hate coming here in the summer, but it wasn't really my choice.

"So Jeffrey, you wanted to hang out?"

I spin around to find Sarah standing directly behind me.

"Oh um yeah..."

"So have you changed your mind about us? Have you missed the way we used to kiss on the monkey bars?"

I watch as a smirk appears on her face. The memory's make me want to throw up. But right now, I need to look past that.

"Uh yeah...I have, I guess."

Sarah takes my hand and leads me over to a bench.

"Come on, let's talk. I haven't seen you in so long. You need to catch me up on your life."

~Britney's P.O.V~

I've finally stopped crying and I'm starting to feel better.

Maybe Clara's right. Everything will go back to normal. It has to.

"Are you guys ready for school next week?"

I can't believe emily would bring up school.

"Oh that reminds me, I have to pick up two textbooks at the school, will you guys come with me?"

Emily and Clara both nod their heads.

We are almost to the school, and I see two people on one of the benches. Is that Jeffrey? It can't be. There's another girl with him. Jeffrey would never do something like that.

~Jeffrey's P.O.V~

Me and Sarah have been talking for about an hour, and honestly I couldn't care less about every word that's coming out of her mouth.

All of a sudden, Sarah turns her gaze to look at something behind me. Her eyes widen and she looks back at me, almost like she's trying to make a decision.

Before I know what's going on, Sarah kisses me. This is not a peck either. This is a real kiss.

I don't know what to do, so I just go a long with it.

"Jeffrey what's going on?!"

Is that... Britney?

I whip myself around to see Britney standing only about 20 feet away from me.

"Why does it matter sweat heart? It's not like you guys are or ever were dating."

Sarah is not helping.

"I-I-I can explain..."

"Oh really? Go ahead."

The glare on Britney's face could kill.

My mind is blank, and all I can think of is how much I hate Charlie.

A/N ok so I know that I didn't have 5 votes on the previous chapter but an update was highly requested (thanks Julia😂) keep voting guys!❤️