Chocolate Caramel

~Jeffrey's P.O.V~

Its been about an hour since i first called Britney so i decide its time to try again.

Im sent straight to voice mail.

Maybe her phone just died. I stagger to my feet and start cooking popcorn. Im so distracted thinking about Britney that i dont notice how long ive set the microwave for.

When i open the burning hot bag, every single kernel is burnt to a crisp.

Great. Just. Great.

Ok forget the popcorn i think to myself. Ill just eat the ice cream in the freezer. I find the chocolate caramel ice cream which is by far my favorite flavor ever, and sit back down on the couch eating straight out of the ice cream tub.

I probably look like a teen girl that just lost her boyfriend.

Ive finished about 1/4 of the ice cream and decide its time to stop.

Its almost 10:00 and i still havent heard anything from Britney.

Im about to go out and search for her as the door swings open.

"Where have you been?"

"I told you. My friend was having boy troubles."

Britney's eyes dance around the room, looking at everything except me.

"Maybe i could come with next time? Cause you know... Who better to give advice about boys than a boy himself?"

"Um maybe...not"

I hear Britney mutter "not" under breath, trying to keep my ears from catching her hurtful remark.

"Oh ok. I guess."

She stands in the kitchen fiddling with her hands and staring with much intent at her bright green and pink socks.

"Well um im going to go to bed."

"Ok im coming too"

We walk awkwardly up the stairs until we finally reach the top.

"So um goodnight..."

"Goodnight Jeffrey"

I stand there for a second trying to decide whether i should hug her, kiss her, or just leave her alone.

Before i can decide Britney turns around swiftly closes her bedroom door in my face.

A/N im sorry the name of this chapter is so stupid😂 more votes = more/sooner updates