You're a player

~Jeffrey's P.O.V~

"I can explain..."

That was the stupidest thing I've ever said. No I cannot explain. I can't tell her why Im being a straight up asshole. I can't tell her why I loved her two days ago and I now I couldn't care less.

So many different combinations of words flash through my head, but all that comes out of my mouth is

"Um uh well I texted Sarah and then we.. And she... I can't... I don't... We-"

"Oh. So I guess you don't like me anymore?"

No Britney. I love you. I love you more than I've ever loved anything before. More than Sarah. More than I love my own parents.

I forbid that paragraph to leave my mouth while I search for a "Charlie approved" response.

"I can't believe you would do this Jeffrey. I thought we had something. Something special. But I guess that didn't mean anything to you. Since you were able to run off and go kiss your ex."

"Britney I..I just"

"When you're ready to give me an explanation for this, tell me."

Britney swiftly turns and runs inside the school. I can tell it took all she had not to break down infront of me.

~Britney's P.O.V~

I honestly don't even know how to feel right now. I guess he didn't do anything wrong... I mean, it's not like he was cheating on me. We never dated. But it still feels like someone just reached their hand down my throat and ripped my heart straight out of my chest.

Slowly, my sadness turns to anger.

This is stupid. Jeffrey's an idiot. And I was a fool for thinking that he loved me.

I should've known his affection for me wouldn't last long. All he needed was a girl prettier than me to lose interest.

By this time, I've gotten my textbook and marching out towards the door.

When I get outside Clara is yelling at Jeffrey and Emily is talking to Sarah about 20 feet away.

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! YOU CANT JUST BE ALL LOVEY DOVEY TO ONE GIRL, AND THEN LEAVE HER FOR ANOTHER WITHOUT AS MUCH AS A GOODBYE."

I look at Jeffrey. He's still sitting on the bench, staring down at his clasped hands.

"Does it make you happy to break a girls heart? Do you do this kind of thing for fun? You know what society calls people like you? A player. You Jeffrey Eli miller, are a player."

Jeffrey's reaching his hands up to his head pulling at his hair, but not lifting his head to look at Clara.

"What do you have to say about all this Jeffrey? Or should I say, player."

"Don't call me that."

Jeffrey's voice is so quite that I almost don't hear him.

"Oh, babe I can call you whatever I want. I have no sympathy for people like you."

"People like me?"

"Cheaters. Players. Lying jerks. You fit into all those category's."

Jeffrey slowly lifts his head, making direct eye contact with Clara.

"You're right. That's exactly what I am."

3 tears fall from his eyes and onto the front of his sweatshirt.

I should feel bad for him, but I honestly don't.

A/N ok so this chapter is kinda short but it's just a filler so yeah. Comment if I should try to update every day, or if every other or every 3 days is ok. But if you guys want, I can definitely update daily. ily guys😍 keep voting!