Chapter 16

I'm sorry for not updating when I promised:(

Anyways, this chapter is a bit surprising so be ready;)

And yes I realise it isn't Jack's birthday still, let's just pretend.

And btw when it says Rubzters you read it like Rube-z-ters!

After Grace and I had played with the dogs, we went inside and got changed for a movie. Grace came out of the bedroom in a button up flannel and shorts.

"What movie are we watching?" Grace asks. "What ever movie you want to watch."

--

Halfway through the movie I pause it.

"Why did you pause it?" Grace asks sitting up and stretching her arms.

"Ok, I was suppose to do this later but I can't keep it any longer. I've known you for many years now," I say. She slowly nods her head obviously confused. And well, those past years have been the best years yet, I've got you, Ruby and that's all I really need besides all that other stuff like water, food, you get me,". I start. "But before I do anything, I want to remind you that I love you with my heart and soul. You are my sunshine, my moonlight and all my stars. So Grace," I get down on one knee and pull the small box out of my pocket. "Will you marry me?"

**Grace's pov**

"Will you marry me?"

Oh my gosh.

I cover up my mouth with my hands. I slowly start to nod. "Yes Jack!" I say. He grabs my hand and slips the ring on. I stand up and hug him tightly. I've always wanted to get married when I was a little girl, basic yes I know, but never would I;ve thought that i would marry someone as amazing as Jack.

I let go of Jack and look at my ring. "I love you Jack," I smile.

-----

While I am making dinner, I hear the front door open and see Mikayla and Taylor walk through the door.

"Holy what smells so good?" Taylor says waling into the kitchen. "My armpits!" I enthuse. "Ew," he blocks his nose.

"Anyways, what's new in this household?" Mikayla asks giving Ruby to Jack. "Nothing much," I say with Jack and I trying to hold back our laughter. "What's so- HOLY CRAP!" Mikayla says shocked. "Why in the world did tou guys not tell me this?!"

"What did you guys not tell her?" Taylor asks. "THEY DIDN'T TELL ME THEY WERE ENGAGED!" Mikayla says loudly. "Guys, you've got to tell me these things! When the hell did this happen? Does anyone else not know. Does your parents know yet?" Mikayla continues to ask a billion more questions until she finally calms down. "Congradulations!" she says pulling me into a hug. "Thanks."

"That is so low. You didn't tell us. You friggin dogs," Taylor rolls his eyes. "Sorry, we just didn't want the whole world to know yet," Jack says unsure of what he actually said.

"Aww my brother's engaged. My brother engaged!" Mikayla chants. "Jack's engaged, Jack's engaged!" Taylor joins. "Alright yous can shut up now," Jack tells them annoyed.

-----

"Did you put Rubzters to bed yet?" Jack asks me pulling the covers over him. "Yes I did babe," I tell him getting into my side of the bed. "Huhh," Jack breathes out wrapping his arms around me. "Goodnight baby." "Goodnight Jackson."

-----

I wake up and look at my phone and see the time is 8am. Jack won't be waking up anytime soon. Perfect!

I go into the kitchen and grab the silly string on the counter (yes there is random silly string around the house) and go back into the bedroom.

I step up onto the bed carefully not to wake Jack up.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK. WAKE YO ASS UP ITS YO BIRTHDAY. YOU GET CAKE AND PRESENTS AND MORE CAKE SO WAKE THE F UP. WOO," I yell jumping up and down and spraying the silly string on him.

He groans and puts his hands on his face.

"C'mon, you need to get up so I can give you your presents," I tell him.

Instead of getting up he grabs my arm and pulls me next to him. "Why can't your present be a morning cuddle?" he asks.

Hey again.

Does anyone like Jack and Grace's relationship. Like is it anyone's goals?

But anyways, I will be posting the next chapter tomorrow or the next day and I swear to God I will keep this promise💘

After that chapter is posted this book will be on hold for a few weeks. Sorry if there's any errors btw✌️

Kitty cats🐱