It Was Always You (Dean×Reader)

Prompt 65: Being unable to open their eyes for a few moments afterward

   You had a massive headache and were in no mood to step foot out of your room. You and the boys had just gotten back from a hunt that caused way too many casualties, mainly on your part. You were stupid and let two vampires escape your grasp, watching them viciously kill the last 4 remaining survivors before Sam beheaded it. He was livid, yelling at you for fucking up. To make matters worse, Dean wasn't defending you or even adding to the ridicule. He sat in the front seat quietly. It wasn't like you were expecting him to say anything, it was just that after a bad hunt, he'd usually be all over you and asking if you were okay. 

   Dean had been more than a friend to you for a while. It was an unspoken rule that you were off limits to Sam or any other hunter, but Dean was too scared to actually make you his. He wasn't in the realm of just a friend or boyfriend, so it was hard to determine what you guys were. Dean showed his obvious love for you by being there for you when you needed it or remembering things about you; he once bought you a whole container of cookie dough ice cream because he heard you say how much you loved it once. 

   You cuddled with the big teddy bear you had gotten one year for Christmas when you were younger as you heard a soft knock on your door. "Come in." The doorknob twisted and the light from the hallway flooded into your dark room. Dean smiled at you as he came in with two bags of what smelled like burgers and fries. 

   "I got you food," he said as he came in and sat next to you on your bed after turning on your light and closing the door. "Your favorite." Dean dangled the bag in front of your face and you laughed before taking it. "Sam's sorry about what he said. He knows that you made a mistake; he was just worried about your safety and didn't know how to cope with it." You nodded, taking the fries out of your bag and sticking one in your mouth. 

   "It's whatever," you lied as you shrugged your shoulders. "Do you want to watch a movie? My choice, though." He rolled his eyes and nodded. You smiled, getting up and going to your TV to get the controller for your Xbox to turn on Netflix. You went back to your bed, cuddling up next to Dean underneath your fluffy, blue blanket. You grabbed your bag of food again, flipping through the application and settling on a movie that you hadn't seen in a few years. 

   "What's this about," Dean asked with his mouth full of burger. "Oh, wait, nevermind. This is that foreign movie you like." You nodded as you leaned your head on his shoulder, feeling his arm go around your waist to pull you closer. Times like these were the ones that made Dean's love for you pretty evident, but you didn't care. You loved him, too; he just didn't know that at all. You sat up and pushed your hips toward his throwing your left leg over his legs. "You gonna eat?" You nodded as you grabbed your bag from next to you, placing it on his lap as he rolled his eyes and moved his to the other side of him. You reached into your bag and gasped when your hand wrapped around a small cardboard box. 

   "Holy shit you got me chicken nuggets," you said as you smiled, opening up the box and shoving one in your mouth. "You're really the best, like, you've never done this for me." You smiled as you continued to eat, Dean watching you with a fond look on his face. 

   "God, you're beautiful," he mumbled. Your heart beat faster at the words, but you tried your best to hide it. However, you did cuddle closer to him. The arm that hung loosely around your waist suddenly got tighter and you felt him kiss your forehead. 

   "If you're going to kiss my forehead you might as well just kiss my lips, too," you said loud enough for him to hear. You felt him take a big deep breath and then your head was suddenly jerked back, his warm lips landing on yours. Your lips moved in sync, his hand cradling your face as he bit your bottom lip. He pulled back, but you kept your eyes closed, playing the kiss in your head over and over again. When you opened your eyes, he had a small smile on his face. 

   "You suggested it," he said innocently as you pulled him back in for another kiss, wanting to feel his lips again. 

------------

   This is a week late happy birthday to Dean Winchester, in case you were wondering. Also, I'm posting more on Tumblr so you should follow me @/pastelbarakat-wattpad. Thanks :) - Emma