Mistletoes Fix Everything(Sam×Reader) {1st Day of Christmas}

Prompt 69: A whisper of "kiss me" 

   The heat in the bunker had, of course, gone to shit on the coldest day of the year. You were huddled in one of Sam's sweatshirts and a couple pairs of pants: a pair of leggings with sweatpants over them. The blanket you had found in one of the hall closets was very thin and your duvet was in the wash, so you shivered in the library as you searched through one of the books for information on the Jersey Devil, a mythical creature from the Pine Barrens in New Jersey. You had found the creature in a book you had started to read out of boredom, but you were now invested in it, causing Sam and Dean to decide you were out of research until you knew as much as you could about it. You heard footsteps behind you and then a hand on your neck as Sam played with the small hairs at the nape of it. 

   "So, it's like, uh, the Antichrist ," he asked as you nodded silently, continuing to read. "Seems kinda stupid." You turned around and looked at him, a sad look on your face. You sighed, pushing your chair back into his chest. "Ow, (Y/N). I-I didn't mean that you were stupid because you were investing your time into; I just think the creature itself is stu-." 

   "If it's so stupid, then why would I be investing my time into it," you said defensively. "I want to learn about it. If you don't wanna know about it, then just leave me alone." You huffed again and stormed off, Sam hearing the slam of the door to your shared bedroom. Dean came out of the kitchen with a chuckle, wearing a couple tee shirts, a flannel, and a hoodie. 

   "Since your girlfriend hates you right now, do you wanna help me fix the heater? I'll probably just hit it a few times and see what happens." Dean looked hopeful as he asked, but Sam just shook his head, running his hand through his hair before disappearing into the kitchen. Dean rolled his eyes as he went to the boiler room, hoping to fix the heater. Before he could walk away, Sam came back with the Impala's keys. 

    "If she starts looking for me, tell her I went to the store," Sam said as he tossed the keys into the air. He jogged up the stairs before turning around at the top of them. "I'll be careful." The big metal door slammed shut as he walked out, causing Dean to flinch slightly at both the intense anger in Sam's voice and the forceful slam of the door. 

------------

  You were reading all you could on the Jersey Devil, including encounters and different origin stories of it. The room had just gotten colder and colder the more you settled, but you refused to talk to Sam. You understood why he was calling the thing you were studying stupid, but it still hurt your feelings. He didn't truly understand the creature, making his opinion seem a little more invalid than it would normally be. You loved Sam, you really did, but sometimes you didn't understand the way he thought. He was very impulsive when it came to his opinions, something you wouldn't expect from an intellectual like him. Sam just believed so strongly about his opinions and it was impossible to change his mind once he made it up, so you just gave up. Every time. You knew that he hated it, but there was really no other way to reason with him. He'd come apologize when he was ready.

   You closed the back cover of the book, sighing as you rubbed your eyes and stretched your arms over your head. You looked at your phone, noticing that it had been about two hours since you stormed off. Sam would usually be sitting with me by now, you thought as you got off the bed, gingerly opening the door. You looked up and down the hallway, calling his name as you walked out of your room. Dean heard you calling for Sam in the boiler room and he peeked his head out. 

   "He went to the store, (Y/N)," you heard him yell as you yelled an 'okay' back. You walked out the library, sifting through the books to see if you could find more on the Jersey Devil. As you looked, you heard the bunker door slam shut. 

   "Dean, I'm-oh...hey sweetheart," Sam said as he walked down the steps walking up to you. "I-I have a surprise for you." He placed the plastic bag on the counter, reaching his hand inside. "Close your eyes." You rolled them before you shut them tightly, just like he asked. After a few seconds, you felt Sam's warm lips on yours and you melted into the kiss. One of his arms went around your waist, pulling you closer to him. When you pulled away, you looked up at him, seeing that he had a mistletoe in his hand. "They were selling them at the store and I-I figured you'd like it. I also got you a new book." You tilted your head as he pulled out a small book from the bag. He showed you the cover and you read the title, hugging him excitedly as he chuckled. 

   "I thought you said the Jersey Devil was 'stupid'. Why'd you get me a book of it," you asked as he shrugged bashfully. You pushed his arm up, making sure that the mistletoe was hanging over the both of you. You pulled his face down closer to yours, placing your nose against his. "Kiss me." Once again, his soft lips were on yours and you threaded your hands in his dark brown locks, smiling as you pressed harder into him. 

----------------

   WOW IT'S THE FIRST IMAGINE FOR 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS!!!! So I stayed home from school today, so you might get another one if I'm feeling up to it, but I hope you guys enjoy this little series thing that I've been doing :) - Emma