Chapter 2 - I Got People I Don't Even Know Trying to Slide in My DM's

I raised an eyebrow and made my way into my room. It was a cute room. The bathroom was on the right when you entered and the bedroom was at the end of the short hallway. There was a full sized bed with a tv across from it. I smirked and picked up the piece of chocolate that was left on my perfectly folded sheets. 'This kid has no idea what's coming for him,' I thought as I unwrapped the chocolate and popped it in my mouth. I sat at the desk next to the window and pulled out my laptop.
"Alright, who are you?" I muttered to myself as I typed his name into Google.

I spent hours searching for this guy, the sun set and the room dimmed, yet I couldn't find any information on him. Not a single word, paragraph, or article. 'Just who is this guy? It's like he doesn't even exist. The hacker 707...' Just then I put two and two together.

Maybe I just sound paranoid, but it isn't out of the realm of possibilities that my cover may have been blown before even setting foot in Korea. The guy I'm after is a hacker after all, it wouldn't be that hard for him to find sensitive information from within the company I work for. 'But why would he snoop so deep as to even hack into details such as my room number? I don't see a motive...' Standing up, I decided to investigate the room a bit more. Upon further inspection I noticed little details and clues scattered throughout the whole place. Groaning, I realized that this was going to be waaaaay harder than I originally thought. 'So the hacker wants to play a game of cat and mouse. Fine, I'll hunt him down like the catty woman I am. 'The last light from the sun slowly disappeared and I sighed. 'This kid is lucky that it's dark and I don't know the area.' I got my things together and decided to order food and just spend the night in the room.

I sighed as early morning sun beams shine through the window and right into my eyes. I looked around the room again, trying to put the clues together. Last night I noticed a few looking around the room as I ate my dinner. What may seem pure coincidence to some seemed downright suspicious to me. So far I have managed to find a bible in the nightstand of the hotel room with randomly highlighted words and letters that I haven't been able to decipher, because it sounds like gibberish when you put them together. There was also the fact that the lamp in the room was missing a light bulb, instead having a cat plush in its place. 'Weird,' I thought to myself while thoroughly inspecting the stuffed animal, 'It even has a name on the collar. Elly? What's that supposed to mean?'

Shaking my head I moved on to the other clues I found. In the closet there was a wrapped box that I opened to reveal Honey Buddha chips next to a case of Ph.D Pepper. 'Eh, not gonna ask.' Looking around the bathroom, I found that the hair dryer that was supposed to be attached to the wall was uninstalled, pulled apart, then turned into a self propelling model car. 'Uhhh... okay.' Looking around once more I then noticed a phone hidden between a stack of towels.

I cautiously picked up the phone and turned it on. The only thing installed on the phone was what looked like a messaging app. I frowned and opened the app. The phone suddenly flooded with messages and bings as a message popped up to pick a username. I thought for a second and finally decided to put (mystic messenger game nickname -> mm/nn) as my name. The app showed that there were 4 people online. The names of the people online were "707", "MC", "Jumin Han", and "Yoosung☆". My phone vibrated while the group talked about how this "Yoosung☆" was never going to get a girlfriend.

About 5 minutes into their conversation, the person "Yoosung☆" was the one to finally notice my presence.

Yoosung☆: Wait a minute guys, who's (mm/nn)?
Yoosung☆: The hacker? 😱
707: lol
Jumin: It's quite suspicious that this (mm/nn) showed up so recently after MC joined us.
Jumin: They may be dangerous.
Yoosung☆: Scary...
707: Nah, I let them in lol
Yoosung☆: 😓 Why?!
707: 🤷🏻‍♂️
707: For the lolz?

I rolled my eyes. 'So this kid really is messing with me.' I sighed and decided to join in.

(Mm/nn): 707. I don't appreciate the things you've left in my room.
Yoosung☆: 😱 it spoke
Jumin: Things?
707: lolololol I'm messing with this girl. She's from (location) and her boss sent her to kill me
MC: We should invite her to the party!
Yoosung☆: KILL YOU?! 😱
(mm/nn): where are you 707?
707: lolololol come find me

Suddenly a location popped up on the screen for a split second then I was kicked out of the chat room. Good thing I have lightning fast reflexes. I smirked to myself as I looked at the screenshot I took, I didn't get to be my organization's number one assassin for nothing. Taking a picture of the screenshot with my personal phone, I decided to leave the one I found in the room in order to go scope out the location that was sent to me. The one that hacker left was more than likely bugged, and stealth is of the essence when it comes to assassination. I made sure to put on large sunglasses and and the new wig I was supplied for this task before I left my hotel room, debating on whether I should hail a cab or take the subway.