Tae-woo's past...

Flashback...

"Chul-soo ah.. you must come with me now." The young Hee-joon pulled Chul-soo out of his room.
"Yah, we're playing hide and seek now.. and you're supposed to hide!!" The young Chul-soo beamed.
"I was going to hide, but I saw something. you might want to see it too.." Hee-joon smiled, dragging Chul-soo to the secret library and hide behind one of the shelves.
"I hope it's worth to see.." Chul-soo roll his eyes.
"Look!!" Hee-joon whispered while pointing at a direction.
Chul-soo turned to the direction and his eyes widened right away.
What he saw was his father, King Junmyeon was kissing his personal maid, Miss Bae..

"Chul-soo ah.. what are they doing??" Hee-joon asked innocently.
Chul-soo didn't say anything. He just turned around and hugged his knees.
"Is Miss Bae gonna be your mom?? Are your father going to marry her? My eomma said if two people were together, it means they love each other and going to get married..." Hee-joon beamed.
Chul-soo shook his head slightly.
"Don't you feel lucky? Miss Bae is the nicest person in this palace.. didn't you said you liked her?" Hee-joon asked again.
Chul-soo raised his head and turned to Hee-joon.
"Hee-joon ssi, I think I'll ask her later. let's go and play now.." Chul-soo dragged Hee-joon out before he could say anything.

End of flashback...

Chul-soo glanced at Mi-yeon.
Chul-soo didn't know anything when he was still a child.. young and innocent.. but now.. he's starting to think of it again..
He just hopes what the queen said just now isn't true. But if it's true.. does that means Mi-yeon was...
"No.. it can't be.. eomma didn't know what she's saying.. I won't believe her again." Chul-soo muttered trying to push away all the negativity.
He just walked towards Mi-yeon and held her hand.
"Tomorrow will be a better day." Chul-soo said.
He rest his head beside her and continue watching her until he's asleep.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Hee-joon walked past the building in the middle of the night. He just smiled as he finally saw the person he promised to meet that night.
But that person doesn't look very pleasant to meet him. As usual...
"Thank you for coming, I thought you wouldn't come.." Hee-joon said.
"It's not like I can avoid it.." Tae-woo spoke out coldly.
Hee-joon just smirked at his answer. "You never change.."
"Enough with that.. I don't have time for it. What are you actually planning to do?" Tae-woo asked.
"Are you in hurry?? relax, and hear me out first.." Hee-joon grinned.
"Isn't that what I'm doing?" Tae-woo roll his eyes annoyingly.
"Okay2.. you're scaring me.." Hee-joon chuckled.

"Listen... I wanted to take Mi-yeon away.. and i need your help.." Hee-joon began.
"Why? Aren't we going to wait first?" Tae-woo asked.
"Let's change the plan.. I don't think our previous plan would work.."
"What do you mean? It just went well..."
"No, it's not.. Queen Taeyeon already knew who Mi-yeon was..." Hee-joon revealed.
"She knew?? How?"
"I don't know.. I guess from Lady Yuri. who else would knew that.." Hee-joon said.
"Huh.. then, what should we do?"
"Find more armies..." Hee-joon replied.
"It's not easy."
"Don't you remember who I am? Just trust me.."
"Fine.. when should we take her then?" Tae-woo asked.
"Let's give his highness a little more time with her, for the sake of our long time friendship.. then we'll take her.." Hee-joon replied.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

The light came in Chul-soo's room waking him up.
He rubbed his eyes and yawned a bit. Then, he glanced at Mi-yeon.
Still the same, she's still laying peacefully on the bed. Chul-soo just sighed heavily.
He was about to stand up but then Mi-yeon suddenly moved.
"Mi-yeon? You're awake?" He quickly touched her face and hand. Her soft groan can be heard by him.
"It's okay... I'm here.." Chul-soo said.
Mi-yeon slowly opened her eyes. She can't help but look around the almost unfamiliar place for her. She just remembered that it was Chul-soo's room.
Then, her eyes landed on Chul-soo's hand on hers.
"Erh.. what.. what am i doing here?" She tried to sit up with Chul-soo helping her.