favorite child

mackenzie's pov:

my mom, older sister maddie, and I have been moving around alot these past couple of years trying to find a good dance studio to dance at. I've been dancing since I was two and maddie started when I was four years old. At the other dance studios I've been to, all of the attention goes to maddie and I'm in the back of all of the dances and I get the most sucky solos of all time that's how things have always been. I'm used to it by now. I'm currently in the car driving to a new dance studio.

melissa: “we're here. You guys need to go in this studio with your head's held high got it?”

maddie: “yes mom”.

mackenzie: “yes mother”.

maddie's pov:

we walked into the studio and we started stretching. Apparently they do a thing called 'pyramid' and they have pictures of the other girls and idk how it works yet.

abby: “maddie and mackenzie welcome to the Abby Lee dance company. You guys will be doing solos this week”.

melissa: “thank you miss abby”.

\few months later\

mackenzie's pov:

Me and maddie have even dancing here for months now and it's the same old stuff. maddie is on top of the pyramid and I'm on the bottom next to paige. I'm getting so sick of it. After class I'm going to call my dad to talk to him.

*Phone call*
kurt: “hey baby doll what's up?”

mackenzie: “hey dad. I was wondering if I could talk to you about something...”

kurt: “sure”

mackenzie: “I hate how Maddie is getting all of the attention once again and I'm in the back as always”.

kurt: “I'm sorry. I don't know if there is anything I could do about it”

mackenzie: “oh. Can you please talk to mom about it?”

kurt: “sure thing love you”

mackenzie: “love you too bye”

\When they get home\

maddie's pov:

after we get home I go to my room and get a shower. mackenzie does the same thing too. By the time I get out of the shower, I hear my mom arguing with my dad and idk why he is here. I go to kenzie's room and tell her to come listen to the conversation with me.

mackenzie's pov:

Me and maddie quietly sneak downstairs and go in the other room and hide.

kurt: “it's not my fault kenzie came to me and not to you”.

melissa: “and it's not my fault that maddie is more talented than mackenzie and is more likeable”.

kurt: “you shouldn't favor one if your own kids more than the other. I'm taking kenzie with me because this isn't a healthy environment for her”.

melissa: “fine go right ahead”.

maddie's pov:

kenzie starts crying and runs upstairs and I try to run after her but she locked her door and I can hear her pulling out her suitcases and packing them. I run downstairs to yell at my mom.

maddie: “HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT ABOUT MACKENZIE?”

melissa: “i don't know what your talking about”.

maddie: “stop trying to act all innocent mom it's fucking bullshit”.

mackenzie's pov:

I can hear maddie yelling at my mom while I was finishing packing all my clothes and taking stuff that I didn't want to leave behind. Then I go downstairs with my suitcases and my dad helps me take my stuff out to the car as I'm saying goodbye to maddie. Me and maddie will probably never see each other ever again but I hope she has a good time without me ruining her life any longer.

____________________________________