starbucks

johnny's pov:

after a long and very tiring day at school. mackenzie and I decided to go hang out at Starbucks like we used to do a few years ago. we talked about how our day went and I asked her about what she thinks of the school, teachers, students, and classes. we sat there for three hours chatting about random topics, even politics. we helped each other finish our homework from a few different classes. I put my things in my bag. I got up from where kenzie and I were sitting and handed the cashier my credit card.

mackenzie: “johnny, you don't have to pay for me. I can pay for myself you know”.

johnny: “i insist. you can pay next time I promise”.

after I got my card back we packed up the rest of our belongings and walked outside to my car. I unlocked it and got in the driver's seat.

johnny: “what would you like to listen to kenz?”

mackenzie: “i don't know. you pick it's your car and you're the one driving”.

johnny: “alright. your loss”.

I plugged my phone into the aux cord and clicked on a song from my car playlist. about five songs later we arrived at mackenzie's house. I pulled into the driveway and turned the engine off. I took the out and opened the door. she opened the door to the back seat and grabbed her bag. she closed the door and walked beside me onto the front porch of the house.

I looked down to her making eye contact with her big brown eyes.

johnny: “hey kenz...”

mackenzie: “yes joh--”

I interupted her by giving her light kiss on her right cheek.

mackenzie's pov:

johnny interupted me by kissing my cheek. I felt my face warming up. I looked down at my feet. I unlocked the door and said goodbye to johnny. I watched him walk back to his car before closing the front door. I took my shoes off and walked into the kitchen. I looked at the kitchen island and found a note from my dad.

Dear kenz,
I had to go back to Pittsburgh so that I can get some papers done about me and your mom's divorce. There is some food in the fridge for you. Don't forget to lock all the doors when you get home from.
I love you mack.

I locked the doors and I went upstairs to my room. I set my bag on the floor next to my bed. I grabbed a few things and walked into the bathroom connected to my room. I grabbed two towels and set them on the sink's counter. I took my clothes off and heard a noise coming from downstairs.

____________________________________