.17

Emma: So I'm grounded and you are not allowed over for two weeks.
Ethan❤️: What? Why? Did I do something? :(
Emma: Technically yes but it's my fault I got us caught.. they saw my hickeys. I forgot to cover them up! It was the last thing on my mind. They pressured me until I gave in and told them that it was you. My punishment: You can't come with Grayson to tutor me or even to just hang out until I'm ungrounded. I can't even go with James or Ellie either.
Ethan❤️: It's not your fault Em. I shouldn't have given them to you in the first place. I was so caught up in the moment. Sorry I got you grounded.
Emma: it's fine, as long as we can see each other at school :)
Ethan❤️: Definitely x

Emma smiled and tossed her phone on her bed. She didn't blame Ethan or her parents for grounding her. It was her fault for forgetting to cover them up in the first place.

Emma went to bed thinking of Ethan and woke up ready to see Ethan. She practically jumped out of bed, showered, and actually tried while choosing her outfit. She went downstairs and made her daily coffee and pulled her hair into a bun. Her mother was already done with breakfast and had her a plate sitting on the counter. Emma slid it to herself and grabbed a fork.

"Thanks mom," her mother smiled.

"No problem sweetie. Hey, I need you to promise me something."

"What?" Emma furrowed her eyebrows.

"Promise me that if you're gonna see Ethan while you're at school that you don't do anything weird, you're only seventeen." Emma sucked on her bottom lip and then used her fork to scrap some food into her mouth.

"Weird? Exactly, I'm seventeen not eight. But of course, mom." Her mother glared at her but smiled and patted her back.

Emma finished her breakfast and grabbed her bag from the table. She made sure she bundled up to walk to school. She put in her earbuds and listened to some Panic! At The Disco on her walking journey. Emma got nervous as she walked inside the building and met Ellie like always.

"Wow you didn't even cover them for school, savage," Ellie said.

"I mean my parents know about them and you guys know about them so why cover them?" Emma explained. Ellie agreed by nodding her head.

They made their way to the cafeteria so that Ellie could eat, it was also where Emma had told Ethan she would be other than the lobby. They went through the line and found a table near the door to sit at. Ellie ate and told Emma about her ride with James yesterday and how James kept playing some group on YouTube called Cimorelli. Ellie said that they where so good but James only played one of their covers over and over so it got annoying really fast. Emma chuckled and imagined it in her head. Sounded like James.

So far there had been no sign of Ethan and Emma was worrying that he wasn't gonna show up. She pushed the thought out of her head as a girl she recognized from her math class walked up to the table. She looked at Ellie and then looked Emma up and down.

"Lesbians," she spat. Usually Emma wouldn't say anything back but today was not the day, she was in a good mood and no one was ruining it.

"Takes one to know one bitch," Emma spat back. The girl rolled her eyes.

"Whatever you're just mad that I know and you don't want anyone to know," Emma stood up.