Section 4 Chapter 1

Y/N POV

It's been 5 years since the battle of Chicago and quite a while since I last seen Optimus and the other Autobots. Well other than Bumblebee who has been keeping me company. I am currently working as a mechanic in a small shop that I share with someone I barely know.

"Nova you're on your own today. I have a family emergency to attend to" My coworker, whose name I could never remember says to me before leaving the shop.

He knows me as Nova. Nova is the fake name I choose for myself when I went into hiding. I get up rolling my sleeves up. I grab a few tools and started work on a car that someone had brought in for a tune-up and an oil change.

Ring!

I jump at the sound of the phone going off. I stop what I'm doing in order to answer the phone.

"Thanks for calling Texan Mechanics. This is Nova. How may I help you?" I say the typically saying we say when answering the phone.

"Nova!" I hear my good friend Cade say over the phone.

"Cade, what's up?" I say smiling.

"You'll never believe what I found today. You gotta come to the house as quickly as possible. Bring your tools with." Cade says before hanging up.

I look at the phone for a few seconds before setting it down. "Bee, I gotta go buddy. Cade needs me back at the house. Stay out of sight! I'll be closing up the shop before I leave. I'll be back later!" I yell to Bee who was hiding under a tarp in the corner of the shop.

I get a beep in response from him. I quickly grab my traveling toolbox and straps it to my motorcycle. I slide my jacket on as well as my helmet. I hop on starting the engine before taking off. Cade's house wasn't that far away from the shop. Tons of fields on the way making the scenery nice. I drive down the driveway noticing Tessa walking down with the wagon. I pull up next to her.

"Want a ride?" I ask her. Earning a nod. She hooks the wagon to the back on my bike and hopes on. I drive her down the rest of the driveway. "So did the letter come yet?" I ask pulling in front of the house turning off the bike.

"Yeah it did but it was denied," She says signing.

"I'm sorry Tessa," I say pulling my helmet off.

"It's okay. You hear to see my dad?" She asks walking towards the house causing the Robotic Guard-Dog to bark.

"Yeah, but it doesn't look like he is here yet so I guess it's you, me and the stupid Guard Dog," I say walking into the house causing Tessa to smile.

Ever since Tessa and I met we were close. I was the one she came to when she needed someone to talk to. I even knew about this secret boyfriend of hers who I found to be surprisingly nice when I first met him over video chatting.

Tessa heads upstairs most likely to call her boyfriend. I walk into the kitchen grabbing a drink from the fridge. I could hear something coming up the driveway and soon I could hear Tessa freaking out upstairs. Cade must be back. I walk outside watching at Cade tows in an old run down Marmon 97 semi-truck. I walk over to him causing him to look at me.

"This is what you called me over for?" I ask him curiously.

"Yes, I need you to help me with it," Cade says.

"A truck? Dad, please tell me you didn't spend our money on this." Tessa asks walking over to us.

"Oh, no, don't worry, he didn't. He spent my money, a hundred and fifty bucks of it." Lucas says. I roll my eyes at him.

"I bet it was worth the hundred and fifty bucks. I'll take a look at it for you. I'm gonna go get my stuff" I say walking back over towards my bike getting my traveling toolbox. I walk to the barn as Cade pulls in the truck into the barn. I take a look at the truck. "Hey, Cade what do you plan on doing with this truck?"

"Most likely strip it for parts." He says looking over at me.

"If you were going to do that then why did you call me? I fix vehicles I don't take them apart for parts" I cross my arms over my chest.

"Because I knew that the truck would interest you. Plus I like having you around." He says walking over to me.

I roll my eyes causing him to smile. "And this is why you're my best friend. You drag me out here with a lame excuse just to have me around."

"That's right!" Cade says walking over to Tessa who had walked in.

I tuned out their conversation until I see a car pull up in the driveway. "Um, Cade. Sorry to interrupt but um" I point outside.

"Purple People Eater's back and she looks hungry," Cade says grabbing a bat and walking past me. I walk out with him. "Hey, you! Hey. I own his house! It's not for sale"

"Six months late on payments, Mr. Yeager. And I see you stealing power at the pole." The realtor says to him.

"Hey, that's not your concern," Cade says before looking at one of the realtor's client. "Sir, do you wanna see the property?"

"Sure," The client says.

"I'd be more than happy to give you a tour. I'll show you three other buyers I got buried out back then I'll crack your head open like an egg." Cade threatens walking towards them. I rush forward grabbing ahold of Cade's arm pulling him back.

"Stay back! Stay Back! He's crazy" The realtor says to her clients before looking at me. "Control your boyfriend!"

I tense up. I grab the bat from Cade turning around. I clench the bat in my hands tightly. "He is not my boyfriend first off, be glad I held him back from beating you. He has told you to not come back here anymore." I growl at her.

"I will have my brother come back and beat your asses! Don't start with me!" The realtor says headed back to her car.

"Why don't you do it yourself?" Cade asks stepping up beside me.

"And I'll bring the police when I come, too! My brother ain't no joke!" The realtor gets into her car.

"Who, Jerry? You bring his big ass up here, he's gonna be huffing and puffing before he can squeeze out of that car! You back out on my grass, you're gonna be in big trouble! You tell Jerry to come see me. I'll give him some pecan pie." I laugh at Cade until the realtor backs up and turn around onto the grass. "Hey!" Cade grabs the bat from me and throws it at the back of her car. I watch as she drives straight through the face. Cade turns and looks at me. "She smashed through the fence?"

I shrug. "She wanted to piss you off apparently"

He puts his arm around my shoulders as he walks by me causing me to walk with him.

"Cade, relax. You're going to have an aortic infarction." Lucas says from the picnic table he was sitting on.

"What is that?" Cade asks.

"I think it's a brain heart attack." Lucas answers

"Yeah, I've had one already." Cade says.

I nudge Cade slightly. "I gotta get going. Call me if you need anything alright?"

"You got it." Cade says pulling his arm off me.

I walk over to the barn grabbing my tools and heads to my bike. I hope on and heads back to the shop to fix working for the day.

(1325 Words)

——————————————————
Chapter 1 is finally here! 😊 Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter if the 4th section

~Brooke