Part 13

Shilpa's POV:

I entered inside, when a dark home was waiting for me. I were a little scared while entering the dark home at the late hour of midnight. With trembling fingers I opened the lock and found the dark hall. My throat become dry, and I put my right leg forward to enter and the same time, the lights enlighten so as the candles, and a bed of rose waiting for me, on the floor and Sid was sitting on his knees with flower bouquet, when he started singing, "Happy Birthday To You....Happy birthday dear Shilpa ... happy birthday to you", listening this a broad smile creep on my face, and I become nostalgic a little.

He came towards me and engulfed me in the friendly hug, wished me again and I smiled again, as in because of the challenge of that monster, I did not even realized that it was my 25th birthday, but HE, my friend Sid always remembered it. Even after reading that letter which I put in the drawer for him, about my discontent for the marriage. He did not take existence of any grudge.

He parted from the hug and cupped my cheeks and I asked, "You remembered it?"

"yes it is one of the most important days of my life", he said.

I smiled and he continued, "But this birthday is even more important....do you know why"

"Why?", asked I.

"Because this will be the day when I am going to propose you as well", said he when the colors fade from my face.

Sid's POV:

She was smiling when I wished her with happiness and suddenly when I proposed her on my knees, she become stun. I did not know what was the reason, may be because it was sudden proposal, but I were very happy, after all after so many years I grabbed all the strength of mine and proposed her. 

For a second my face become fade when I witnessed her faded expressions. I thought she will reject me, will deny the proposal of MY feelings for HER. But after taking a little time she accepted the roses and smiled a little. May be she was feeling shy, after all she is a girl from middle class community, but I smiled as huge I could and wrapped her in my arms.

Shilpa's POV:

The colors faded from my face and I were stun, "Kya usne wo letter nahi padha?", only this question was revolving in my mind. He was on his knees and everything revolved my mind, about my childhood and what his parents have done for me. I still remember that after my parents demise no one was there to accept me but his parents, MY choti ma and chote papa come forward to adopt me. 

He was the only friend of mine, and to live friendship is more important than love. I know that I was not prepare for tying a knot but still this was my time to release the favour.

I accepted the flowers with heavy heart and the same time he engulfed me in his arms. the tears flow down from my eyes and the same time clouds were also ready to participate with me, to cry.

Riddhima's POV:

I was in my room, enjoying the rain, taking out the rain water in my hand. May be it was the rain of happiness, the clouds were also trying to participate in my happiness. I was still in my lehenga choli because i did not want to throw that moment out from my mind and when he slipped the ring in my finger taking my hand in his.

I knew very well that he was going to marry me but only because of a deal not with love or his consent, but I also knew that marriage is not a matter of bread and butter but also friendship, and whatever he used to do in office, was not the real Armaan MAllik, he was totally opposite from that.

I was happy, or it was beyond happiness, it was a blessing for me from the god.

Armaan's POV:

I knew from the start that I will be marrying Riddhima for a deal, but why I were getting heavy hearten when I always used to see the ring in my finger with the initial of Riddhima's. Why I was not liking it. Why I were getting frustrated and Why that face was always coming in front of my eyes.

To change the mind and thoughts I looked out of the window, the clouds were raining and a figure in white chudidar I saw, she was drenching herself happily and excitedly in the rain. Her hairs were all wet so as she, and when she faced me, the water was kissing her cheeks to the nape and the face was belonged to HER, the face which I used to hate.... It was Shilpa's..... and I was getting attracted to her.

I immediately jumped the pebbles to see her as I wanted to let her go from my lawn, but she was nowhere, after all I was dreaming....dreaming that middle class girl...and I did not has any idea about the reason....but still the question was in my mind...."Why"