Part 24

Armaan's POV:

It was exactly the night for which that guy, Shilpa's fiance, correction, to be fiance has invited me, the engagement night.

Nothing was similar to as my engagement night, which she herself has organized, there was something missing, which I was searching for.But what?

I thought for a while and looked here and there where she was missing. These dulhans and their beauty tantrums, I have never understood yet, and the same time she started jumping the pebbles with a lady in her fifties, I think she was that guy, the so called groom's mother.

When suddenly my eyes fell on HER, applied a little makeup,just for name sake, not so heavy jewelry and a simple and elegant pink lehenga. Just perfect look, for a beautiful bride.

"Wow! Simple but beautiful as always", the words reached to my ear chords and shaken me who was constantly looking over HER.

I shook a little and turned back and found the second woman of my life, Riddhima Gupta.

"Are you mad?", I darted my eyes looking at her and she replied back tucking her hair behind her ear while giving a fake shy look, "yes in your love", and chuckled.

She hit my shoulder and lingering on it asked, "beautiful pair na?", she asked about Sid and Shilpa who were sitting together on separate chairs now on the stage. I did not at all like them together but something forced me to tell yes. What? Even I don't know.

Riddhima's POV:

"Jhoot to acche se bol ammy ke bacche", I teased me pinning her finger in my shoulder.

"Ouch! Stop it", he almost sulked which he has never do with me when I tease him like a friend.

I took my hand back from his shoulder and smiled fake looking at Shilpa and sat beside her. I was talking to her while smiling but noticed that something was not perfect with her.

It was her engagement and she wasn't looking happy as I was at my engagement, may be, every girl's happiness is different, or she was nervous.

Shrugging off my doubt I looked at the groom too who was looking handsome, I congratulate him too and jumped back from the stage as the ceremony was going to perform.

Shilpa's POV:

It was not like wasn't happy with this ceremony, but also not pleased. Sid was a friend for me from a lifetime but it really doesn't mean that I wanted to marry him.

He is a nice guy, I know from childhood and I knew I had to perform this sacrifice, aur fir shadi ke baad to pyaar ho hi jaega, jaise ma kopapa se ho gaya tha.

Har kisi ko muqqamal jahan to nahi milta and then we exchanged the rings but when he slipped ring in my finger, I felt broken. Jaise mere dil ka ek bada hissa toot gaya tha.

I was feeling that someone was also there who was broke with me, but who was the person, I looked here and there for God know whom and with what reason but none was there and I rested biting my lower lip and a little tears in my eyes, which I tactfully hid from everyone.

Sid's POV:

I was on 7th cloud with happiness of getting engaged to Shilps and I knew being a friend that she tactfully hid her tears,maybe she was missing her parents, the reason she gave or it was something else.

I smiled lamely for her pain of not being with her parents and held her hand tightly to pass a feeling of being with someone close to her.She too passed a smile and looked at our fist may be she was satisfied.

Mamma too kissed her forehead and hugged her and papa gave her blessings, not as a daughter in law but daughter.

Riddhima's POV:

I ran outside, it was raining heavily and noticed his hand was bleeding. I ran toward him slapped him tightly and asked, "Is it a way to behave, kisi ne dekh liya hota to"

And opened the car door to pick out the first aid box, and applied antiseptic on the wound of his hand, "Kitna gehra chubha hai glass,soch samajhkar kaam kiya karo Ammy . You are a grown up man"

Armaan looked with a teary eyes towards me, "tumhe kaanch dikh raha hai aur jo mere andar toota wo", he was talking about when the ring ceremony was going and he broke the juice glass in his hand.

"Kya toota tell me", I looked into his eyes and wrapped the bandage.

"Pata nahi", he replied, "Then what was the need for this stunt dammit", I almost yelled at him and shrieked his hand.

"Pata nahi", he replied again lamely this time as well.

I forcefully let him to sit him in the car and drove off from the spot and stopped it in the barren area.

Armaan's POV:

"Kya hota hai tumhe pata, what do you know Armaan Mallik",she asked if she knew what was it. I looked towards her and she jumped off from the car, so do I.

"Kehna kya cha-chahti ho", I almost stuttered.

She looked at me, "Mujhse nahi apne aap se poocho Armaan,the answer is with you", she replied patting my cheek and dropped me at home and that night I couldn't sleep.

Shilpa's POV:

It was a sleepless night, what I have thought for myself and what has done. I know Sid will not stop me from doing anything in the career.Par pyaar kya mujhe use tha? Wo to sirf mera dost tha na!

Only these thoughts were revolving my mind but I had accepted the reality of Sid and mine togetherness. Everything has changed so as our friendship and that was the worst part of my existence. But I had to live with that, ever forever.

To change my mind thoughts, I wiped my tears and started unwrapping the gifts unanimously and the second gift I unwrapped was a beautiful scenery piece couple of swan painted on a heart and written S and Sin calligraphy and the painter name was Armaan Mallik.

"Ye painting karte hain?", a small but a genuine smile came on my lips which shrunk immediately when realized that the initials were mine and Sid's.

Why were they hurting me so much that made my eyes moist?Because I were losing my friend or something else? I shrieked in a second and thought, "What something else it may be. Nothing", I corrected my own words and wiped the moist eyes when he jumped on the bed.

Sid's POV:

"Hey beautiful", it shrieked her little I frowned.

I licked my lips and held her chin up, "Kya hua tujhe?"

I looked at the gifts and taunted after hitting her shoulderwith mine, "tere bachpan ki adat, gifts kholke dekhna.", at which she pressed her lips and looked at me.

"Yaad hai bachpan mein birthday gifts mere hote the par kholke tu dekhti thi", at which she laughed and nodded her head positively.

I too laughed and held her palms, "Dekh sab na bachpan jaisahai kuch nahi badlega is ek ring se. Ok", I tilted her nose at which she nodded her head but this time a little and smiled and I wrapped her in a tight friendly hug.

Armaan's POV:

I was standing on the sill of the window when Ridzi's words were echoing my ears, "Mujhse nahi apne aap se poocho Armaan, the answer is with you"

"what did she want to say?", saying this I blew a breath and tried to get sleep which I wasn't getting.

------

A/N: Must read the next post