Part 21

Shilpa's POV

"Were they right or was it just a stuff cooking in their mind about love, related to the movies and books, I bit my lower lip while thinking.

I was going back to the home and I felt that home is the last place where you can find solace. Family is the one who can answer you the best but the problem was, how to ask about it.

Every time I entered my house after getting the job, none was the day when I have got a surprise or even a shock, but today it was silence. No one was present at the home, so I quickly get freshen up and the same time heard a sound from the kitchen.

I got scared and tip toeing cross the distance from my room to the kitchen. My eyes were tightly closed, I took a pan in my hand and was about to beat the person hardly when I found Sid there.

"Are you mad? From when are you here, I questioned putting down the pan on the platform and my hands on the waist.

"I was trying to cook something, since when you entered, he stuttered a little and said.

I mocked him and hit his back of head lightly with pan, "Yeah. Chef Sanjeev Kapoor

I gloomed his face down, "when you can't cook, why do you try?, said I patting his cheek and he pouted, "At least I tried na

I mocked him again, "By the way, where is choti ma?

He smirked a little and said, "I am doing her work, so she is doing mine

"Huh! Matlab?, the same time door bell rang and I marched to open the door, "Surprise

Choti Ma and Chote Papa were there on the door with a cake, a gift and balloons, "Tantana! Happy birthday my princess, Chote Papa kissed my forehead and handed over the bunch of balloons to me.

"Aww! Main to bhool hi gayi thi, I awed and pouted.

"Par hum kaise bhool sakte hain ki humare ghar mein ek moti hai aur uska b'day bhi aata hai, Sid teased her coming with a cheese pizza, with extra cheese.

"Choti ma!, I stumped the foot on the floor and laughingly she embraced me in a hug.

She eyed him, "Don't you dare try to tease my daughter, and a wide smile creep at my lips after all my favorite thing has done, Choti Ma has scolded his own son for me. Evil Me!

"Moti has mat, he teased me again and I imitate to cry again like a child and she scolded him again, "Khabardaar jo use danta to, I winked and smiled a victory smile.

He glared me deadly and said, "haan ab to zindgi bhar ki baat hai, ghar mein rehna bhi to hai

I was about to tease him by showing tongue but my smile vanished listening this when he said, "Side effects of the marriage

I took myself back from the hug and fake a smile.

After cake cutting ceremony, I hardly ate pizza and showing as if I am really very happy at my birthday left for my room, "Choti ma! Office work, and made an excuse.

"Okay, I left giving smile to all and wished good night.

Armaan's POV

I was taking shower when a thought came to my mind, about what Natasha has told me about taking Shilpa's name again and again, "No I can't be in love with someone, after all I have to crack the deal with Shashank uncle for the company, of marrying Riddhima

For Armaan Mallik, that is me, life was a deal and I; I was not living it, but dragging for the sake to accomplish the deal which I have done with the God, while he sent me to the earth and it was my ultimate goal.

I made up my mind that no, it wasn't my feelings for Shilpa but the coincidence and made it complicated, with that I switched off the knob of shower, snatch the bathrobe and wore it.

Coming out of the bathroom, I was shuffling my hair with the towel as I wanted to soak the water of my hair into it, "Main bhi na, kis kis ki baton mein aa jata hoon

After an hour, I was working on my laptop and found something which curved my lips into a wide U shape, a smile and I can't stop myself to call her.

I quickly connected the call to Shilpa as it was her b'day and wished her cheerfully, "Happy birthday!

Shilpa : "Thank you but how do you know (asked)

Armaan: Bas pata chal gaya (rolled on the bed)

Shilpa: Okay thanks once again (surprisingly)

Armaan: Surprised? (Questioned with smile)

Shilpa: Yeah (she stuttured a little)

Armaan: (licking his lips) I understand.

Shilpa: (waiting for the disconnection of the call) so..

Armaan: Ok ok. Enjoy with family and friends (understandingly) bye.

Shilpa: bye (waiting to cut the call so that she can come out from his zone)

"Silly girl, I hit the phone with head and slept a happy sleep.

Shilpa's POV:

"What was this? I mean jallad mallik and wishing me happy birthday? Kaise?, I questioned so much questions in a single breath to myself lying on the bed, when someone disturbed me, "Tan-Tana

It was Sid, as expected who used to spend time with me at my every birthday, as may whatever happen, as we say zameen asmaan palat jae.

"Sid mujhe sone do na, I requested him with a pout.

"Aaja join karlo, laughed Sid at which my mouth opened I hit him with the pillow, "kamineypan ki had hai

He joined his hands and bow down his head, "Accha maaf kar de meri ma

"thik hai, I pardoned him and asked, "what are you doing here by the way?

His eyes started shining and he replied with a wide smile, "I wanted to show you something

"kya?, I asked surprisingly.

"This wedding cards, he showed me umpteenth cards and my smile shrinked so I fake it and said, "Oh!, I left the bed and asked, "so what to do with them?, uninterestingly.

Sid mocked, "Mumma has told me to show you na baba and you have to select one

I closed my eyes tightly and was facing him my back as I couldn't lie to him, "You can select meri pasand utni acchi nahi hai

"Arey tune ek poori engagement karayi hai organize, he turned my back to face him which remind me of Armaan and I shrugged his hand off, "Sid please mujhe nahi ata ye sab select the card and get the print simple, I was enough of all this but what has happened to me was a mystery and I wasn't agree to understand that yes it was love. I was taking Natasha and especially Riddhima for granted.

"I am sorry. Main shayad galat time aa gaya, his face fell down and he was about to leave when I snapped my head as I have hurt my best friend.

I called him from back, "Sid! I think I should be sorry and completed, "Card select karna hai na, this is the best, I picked out one of the random card and handed over to him at which he smiled and hugged me tightly, "If it is love as well then I can't afford to love someone else as well

---

A/N: I hope you all are liking the way story is progressing...

Yes, Then please don't forget to comment and support me to write more

Thank you

Aditi