🌟Elvis and the fish bowl🌟

Maia Christianna, remembers first hand Elvis's humour in 1975 on stage in Las Vegas:

'Holding an enormous gold fish bowl filled with slips of paper, Elvis informed us that the names of many of his songs were in the bowl.

They had been collected from the audience before the show. He was going to sing a few of them by drawing the song names out of the bowl at random.

He went through a whole discourse about how he was going to sing whatever song was revealed on the slip of paper which he would draw from the bowl, as these were songs his fans desired to hear.

The audience was in suspense as Elvis reached into the bowl and carefully swirled his hand around. He paused, and then moved his hand around some more.

Finally, he drew out a piece of paper. Everyone was quiet as Elvis stood there with the big glass bowl encircled in one arm, and holding the tiny bit of paper in the other hand. He stared down at the paper as he read to himself in deep concentration.

The fans bent slightly forward in their seats. Then Elvis frowned. Without even looking up at the audience, he threw the slip of paper over his shoulder and thrust his hand back in to the bowl. He came up with another slip, only to shake his head and tossed it away, too.

After several attempts, Elvis finally found a song he wanted to sing. The audience chuckled as if they were one large entity at this display of 'pure' Elvis.'

Let me know what you think!! xoxo