Chapter Sixteen: What Are We

December 5th, 2017

"So, we'll be doing 'Put it in My Mouth' first, then Sleepover, and then we'll set up for the ginger bread house building video. We'll do the slip and slide last because everyone's going to get wet and dirty in that one." Sunny explained.

"I'm confused as to why you think the other videos will end any differently," I joked to a general eye roll from my friends and a jab in the ribs via Courtney's elbow.

It was just after 9 am and our schedule was pretty packed with filming multiple videos for Smosh pit and the squad was hanging out in a crew member's house that we had taken over for the shoots today. The space was dressed with Christmas decorations as a backdrop for our holiday themed videos.

"I'm glad to be able to bring this show back for the holidays, but I just realized that I'm going to be eating who knows what and it's not even 10 in the morning. This is the worst plan." Noah complained as he moved to stand in front of the camera.

"Oh you'll be fine," Sunny smirked at him good naturedly, and he counted down to the start of the shoot.

I started off sitting at the table in the back of Noah's PIIMM set as a joke, but soon I realized how tired I was, and I was grateful to not be standing up in front of the cameras with Noah. With my eyes closed, my surroundings became sort of a blur. I could hear my friends gagging on whatever weird food they were trying at the other end of the room but I was able to zone it out and remain relatively still. If there was one thing I respected, it was the ability to land a drawn-out joke, which was my intention for the video.

I was only shaken out of my reverie when I heard Courtney's voice ask, "Shouldn't we wake him up?"

A small grin sprang to my lips. And I opened my eyes, brandished the knife in my hand dramatically and jumped to my feet yelling. My friends matched my screams as I barreled towards them. I put Noah in a loose choke hold, and muttered, "Go to sleep, go to sleep," slowly pulling him down behind the kitchen island as he screamed "No!"

Laughing we stood back up and repositioned ourselves in front of the table. Sunny told us to turn around so that he could bring out the final holiday food for us to try.

"I don't like this; I don't like this at all." Noah said from behind me.

"Aw, I'm sure it's not going to that bad," Courtney said. She had an arm slung around Keith's shoulder and I could hear them laughing from behind me. I kept my eyes forward and tried not to wish that was me. I had a girlfriend after all.

But Noah was right to be worried about what they were bringing out, because we turned around on cue to see a large roasted boar head, completed with an apple in its mouth. Courtney immediately screamed.

"I'm going to go vegan again" She moved around the table and closer to me, not bothering to cover up her disgust at the plate in front of her.

"I'm not gonna lie, I may go vegan too." I agreed with her.

I made a couple more obligatory jokes before remarking, "I must continue my slumber." And I headed back to my seat at the table. It wasn't long before Courtney joined me.

"Ugh, I'm actually physically nauseated," She whispered to me across the dinner plates.

"It's just so not for me," I whispered back, before resting my head on the table. I could feel her knee brushing against mine beneath it, sending a jolt through my body and a slight blush to my cheeks.

We were silent for a minute as Noah and Olivia continued talking to the camera. Once they had actually tried the boar, Courtney patted my arm.

"This is probably the smartest bit you've done for a video, you are basically just sleeping through the shoot," she shot me a small smile before going back to stand next to Noah and Olivia to do the outro.