Chapter Two

it's always hard to get motivated to write in the beginning because no comments or votes or anything so jut remember those are greatly appreciated! by the way, the POV changes often in this chapter sorry.

__________________________

(Alex's POV)

Everyday it seems to get worse, and today I might have just mustered up enough courage to do something about it. Just go talk to him in the studio, say that you should move on because we've gotten through worse. Just say you don't even remember why you're fighting, even though I can never forget that. But I don't have feelings for Jack at all, none. I just wanna be friends again.

But Jack gives me this certain sense of anxiety now, knowing that we were so attached and then just split. I knew it was all my fault, and I was the one who still kept this whole thing going, but the tiniest part of me didn't wanna forgive him. And sometimes smaller is more convincing.

(Jack's POV)

Day two of work in the studio starts later today. That also means day two of pushing Alex away as much as possible so I don't get hurt. I figure if I just make my best effort to avoid him throughout the day, that'll give me enough time to bury my feelings deep enough that I won't dig them up again.

I sat on the couch with messy hair and sleepy eyes, half dressed. I was hungover again. The drinking has actually become more consistent, and I guess you could technically call me an alcoholic now, which didn't lighten my mood at all. It's been getting worse and I think about Alex more and more and wish he loved me more and more and then I remember that Jack Daniels just loves to cry over boys with me at 2am.

I pulled some pants on and styled my hair, making sure to get it just perfect. I did a final check in the mirror before grabbing my car keys. I drove to the studio, meeting the others there.

Alex looked like he had been up all night, almost as if he was anticipating something. Probably just plotting all the different ways to kill me and make it look accidental. He was shifting from foot to foot and making an adorable face, and I kinda wished he was still my boyfriend and I could walk up to him and kiss him right now. He looked up at me and looked back down quickly when he saw I was looking. I coughed and pretended to be fixing my shirt, but I saw Alex glance back over, making me nervous. Why was he looking at me? Alex hates my guts. I wish he would just mind his own business and let me cry over him.

Finally we were done, and I walked down the hallway to where I had parked. I noticed Alex was walking the same way as me, so I walked a little faster. "You think you can leave without telling me what happened last night?" Alex hissed as he caught up to me and grabbed my arm. I turned around and mentally cursed. I saw the stupid drunk text I sent him this morning, and I knew he'd be angry. "Look, I was drunk as hell. What do you want me to say?" I sighed and tried to get free of his grip, but he slammed me against the wall. Again. My back still hurt from yesterday when he did that. This time he held me by the hips though, and didn't notice for a couple of seconds before sliding his hands up to my shoulders. "Sorry." Alex mumbled. "Sorry my ass. Get over yourself, Alex. That was high school okay, and you should be grateful that I left my opportunity for college just for your narcissistic ass. So why don't we just make up and be friends again before I bash your fucking skull in because I'm so done with all of your shit." I said in a quiet serious tone. He jut stared at me intensely before slamming me harder against the wall and pressing his hips to mine.

My mind raced as Alex put one leg around me and kissed my lips hard. I kissed back and gripped his waist. Alex slipped his tongue into my mouth, making me moan softly. He grinded against me, and I really wasn't sure what was happening. The man who's hated me for the past 9 years or so is making out with me in the studio hallway. But of course, this is exactly what I wanted.

"Alex! Get over your problems before you bre-" Rian walked into the hallway to yell at us, probably about slamming into the wall. We pulled away quickly and turned. Alex eyes were wide like a deer in headlights, and all we could get out was, "Shit." He ran down the hallway and out the door, leaving me to try to explain this mess. How was I supposed to explain this when I barely knew what happened? "I- uh, I see you two got over your differences." Rian stuttered before slowly turning and leaving the building. I left shortly after, trying to clear my head.

As I laid awake in bed that night, I felt my phone buzz next to me and checked to see who it was. I saw it was Alex calling and immediately picked up. "Hello?" I said excitedly. "Hey, uh, um, sorry about today. I really don't know what happened I just... I guess I got caught in old times." Alex adorably stuttered to find the right words. "No, it's okay. But you know that I'd say that and, god, I'm the one who's sorry." I sighed into the phone. "Jack. I have a preposition for you." Alex said. "Okay?" I questioned. "You know that I don't have feelings for you and I don't want a relationship. But damn, Jack, I could kiss you all day. I guess what I'm saying is do you wanna be, you know, friends with benefits or whatever?" He explained. "R-Really? I'm trying not to take offense that you basically just said you don't like my personality. But I don't know, it sounds kinda bogus." I bit down on my lip, thinking over his offer. "Personality-wise, Jack, I hate you with every fiber of my body. Please take full offense from that. But you're just so damn hot I wanna fuck you in the back of my car until you scream. I think it's a good deal. I mean, you know how many of those crazy fans would kill to have sex with me? Don't you wanna be the lucky lady who gets it all?" Alex went on trying to persuade me. I bit my lip harder as I said to him, "Fine. You have a deal."