Chapter 11- Final

hello so this is finally the end of the book yay! there will be no sequel (or triquil bc this is a sequel) but there will be an epilouge
__________________________
(Alex's POV)

We had been walking for quite some time, if time even existed in this dimension. It never seemed to change time or temperature or anything really. It was just Jack and I, trying to find the "other person" that was apparently the side of me that wanted to die.

We had wandered back to the tree where we began, and as we got closer I noticed another person sitting under the tree. A boy with all too familiar brown hair looked up at me with all too familiar blue eyes. The trail of freckles across his nose could be recognized from anywhere.

Dillon. The Dillon that had killed himself because of me.

"So we meet again, Alex." Dillon said as he got up, brushing the dirt from his pants. "You? You're the part of me that wants to die? Well actually, that's not too surprising, seeing as I did cause your death." I exclaimed. "Remember, this is your head. You could've picked someone else." He sighed, sitting back agains the tree. Jack and I joined him as he picked at the grass around us.

"Alex, you're really hurt. Even if you did live, it might not be very long. You're now paralyzed from the waist down, and can barely breathe on your own at this point. Actually, you can't, a machine is breathing for you. And what about Jack? He loves you so much, and he doesn't want to see you go, but you know you and him don't work together. You know that's gonna be problematic. It's just gonna end in more injuries, whether they're physical or emotional. It's just not worth going back to." Dillon said as he sincerely looked me in the eye. I considered his side. I knew that Jack and I wouldn't work out, nothing ever worked with us. And my body was a wreck. He was right, there was nothing to go back to.

"Yeah, you might be paralyzed and can't breathe right now, but that doesn't mean you won't get better. They'll take the machine away once you get better. You'll just have to use a wheelchair. Think of your family you're leaving behind, all of the good memories, even if they weren't with the best of people. And is this really how you wanna die? A car crash? You can keep living, you're just gonna have to do a little fighting." Jack countered. "But what if I don't get better, what if there really is nothing to go back to? If I die, I'll die with all the happy memories. Besides, maybe I don't want to fight. I've fought enough battles, I think it's time I stopped." I said, turning to Jack.

"I'm sorry Jacky, but I'm done fighting. I'm done. I love you, I love you so much." I said as I looked over at Dillon. And as I did, everything faded slowly to black.

(Jack's POV)

"What? What's happening?" I said frantically as I burst into Alex's room. No one said anything, and that's when I realized there were no more tubes down Alex's throat, the IV was gone, and the heart rate monitor had stopped its steady beeping. The only noise you could hear throughout the whole room was my shaky breathing due to realization that Alex is dead.

Alex is dead. Alex is dead. Oh my god, Alex is dead.

I knelt beside his bed, tears streaming down my face. "Alex, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for every time I made you miserable. I loved you. I still do." I held his lifeless hand as I whispered meaningless words to a dead body.

Not being able to handle being in there anymore, I walked out of the room and collapsed in the hallway outside. I just couldn't get the voice in my head to stop screaming, "ALEX IS DEAD."
__________________________
well that's all peeps! hope you enjoyed this story! I'm currently writing a Peterick story called Believer, so check that out if you would like.