Chapter Eight

please comment and vote! I really appreciate it :3
__________________________
(Alex's POV)

It was utterly terrifying to try to keep a steady relationship. It was like balancing your parents' china on your finger while juggling, it was stressful and practically impossible. I might get battered and beaten in the process, but it was worth it if I got to stay with Jack. He made it okay, and he made me feel like there was really a light at the end of this long and treacherous tunnel. But really, the only way out is through.

It was two days till Thanksgiving and we'd all went back to Baltimore to be with our family this holiday season. I really did miss this city sometimes, but others I hated the memories it had with it. My parents still lived in the same house I grew up in, and so many things happened there that really should never have to happen to anyone. But it was okay, because I was okay, because I had Jack, and I had hope.

I thought a lot about my future and he was always in it, no matter what. I thought about if we would adopt children and get married and live happily ever after, and this time, I actually could see myself making it there and smiling and eating Thanksgiving dinner with my grandchildren and children telling stories about them. But for now it was just me and Jack and our parents, and I knew the embarrassing stories were coming up.

-Time skip: Thanksgiving Day-

There we all sat around the dining room table, my mom and dad at the head and foot of the table. Jack and I were seated next to each other on one side, and Jack's parents on the other side. Dinner was served and it felt good to sit with people I love, in a place I generally love, eating food I love. My mom put down her fork in the way, and I mentally groaned because I knew what was coming. Embarrassing stories about me.

"I remember this one time," my mom started, "Alex had Jack over and they were sitting in the basement, well I thought they were sitting playing video games. So I went down there and, well, you know." I nearly choked on my wine before yelling, "Mom! Really?" Jack was laughing his ass off at me, along with everyone else. "I remember that." Jack said in between laughs. "Well yeah, me too but someone," I turned to my mom, "doesn't have to share that with everyone!" I was hardcore blushing now, but I had a plan to redeem myself. "I remember this one time I came over to Jack's house to surprise him, and I walked into his room, and he was dancing and singing to Hannah Montana in his underwear." I turned and smiled a look of triumph at Jack, who was so embarrassed. "You saw that? How much?" He whispered. "Enough for me to get a good look at your pink underwear." I grinned even bigger and Jack put down his glass as a sign of defeat. "I win! I'm the king!" I raised my hands up as everyone still recovered from my story. "Long live the King." Jack chuckled.

Even though we were ripping on each other and Sebastian stole a piece of turkey off the table (I brought him with, I didn't want him to be alone), it was the best I'd been in a long, long time.
__________________________
okay well this was a short little filler so I hope you enjoyed! I might update Believer later today as well.