Chapter Nine

hey guys, so I feel like this story is kinda stuck and it's getting a little boring, so I just want your opinion if it's kinda boring or not.
__________________________
(Alex's POV)

It has to be the best feeling to wake up next to the person you love the most with the sun just peeping through the window and the smell of detergent still fresh on the sheets. I smiled into the pillow as I rolled over and found Jack still sound asleep, but I decided to get up and go make some food. Everything was just so perfect, almost unrealistic. I smiled to myself at the fact that I finally felt perfect.

And then I woke up. I was 18 years old again, in the mental hospital, four scratchy plastic bracelets around my wrist. I looked at the calendar on the dresser beside the disgusting hospital bed and gasped. I really was 18 again. Had I been in a coma and it had all been a dream? How did this even happen? I ran my fingers through my hair as I tried to figure out what the fuck was actually happening in my life.

And then I woke up. I really woke up. On my couch, alone, 26 years old. Hungry, lonely, and a little bit cold. I looked at my phone, and the date was correct, so I laughed a little to myself and thanked God or whatever the hell was out there that I wasn't eighteen.

But I also wished that Jack and I lived together, happily ever after and all that shit. Of course none of that was reality, not one single bit, but there's no crime in dreaming, right? That's when I realized my whole world was made of dreams and pretending, and I realized that I was fucked up, and Jack was fucked up, and we were fucked up, and I had stuck myself into this little delusion and I had built it up so good that I couldn't see just how fucked up the world had become around me.

I was truly living in the ruins of my past, and I had just told myself over and over how good I had it because somebody "cared" about me, and I had shut out the fact that Jack may care about me, but I didn't care a single bit about him. I was just desperate for something to cling onto in a life or death kind of way, and I was just interested in the sex involved in this and nothing more. I really was only using Jack to keep myself mentally stable, and I fucking liked living in this pile of lies.

The phone rang. It seems like the phone always rings right when you start to think. And isn't it almost always Jack? I answered with a slightly tired tone, "Hello Jack." "Hey Alex, everything alright? I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out or something." Jack sighed. I laughed a bit, "Yeah sure, give me a few minutes alright? Love you." I hung up with that and sighed at how easy I gave in to him. I pulled on a hoodie and tried to fix my hair as I grabbed my car keys and headed out.

I got in the car and blasted music and just didn't care about anyone, and I had accidentally ran a red light because I don't think I would have cared if I had gotten hit. But of course that's until you actually get hit by a car. You don't care till your body goes flying through the windshield because you didn't put on you seatbelt because you were just that full of yourself. And as I lied on the ground and wished that this didn't happen at all and I would've stayed at home, wishes of never ever seeing Jack again slipped their way in there. And the last thing I heard was the distanced sirens of an ambulance.

And then I woke up, I think. I was awake, but I wasn't actually awake, like in the actual world. I was sitting in the tree in the park with Jack and it was warm and I was confused as all hell, so I turned to look at Jack. "Am I... Am I dead?" I stuttered and I really, really hoped I wasn't. "No, you're dreaming. This is all inside your head. I'm just a figment of you imagination." Jack simply answered. "So I'm in a coma? Oh my god, no no no. I can't die, I don't want to die." I began to freak out a little at the thought that I was semi-dead, and someone I knew would eventually find me like this. "Don't worry about it, you'll make it through. You have to fight death, you have to keep going." Jack said as he jumped down from the tree. "I just can't die, I can't leave him alone." I whispered.
__________________________
this chapter was gonna be normal but then I was like, hey why not make alex get hit by a car and go into a coma? so comment and vote please and thanks!