Epilouge

(Jack's POV)

It was that time of year again. We all dressed up and got in the car and drove over to the cemetery to see Alex's grave. "All of us" meaning Kenny and I. The other guys stopped coming with a few years ago. Christian didn't care to come with, and I believe he thought it was pointless and stupid. The only person willing to tag along was Kenny. I didn't know whether to be surprised or scared.

Kenny was just the sweetest little girl ever. Her full name was Kendall Willow Barakat-Smith, but she always just liked to be Kenny. She was the type of girl who shared her markers and liked to ask me about my music. Sometimes I let her play around with my old guitars, the ones that are falling apart anyways. It's funny how the only one who gives a shit is a six year old girl with frizzy blonde pigtails.

Then there's Christian, my husband of two and a half years. We adopted Kenny about a year ago, and she already fits in so well. Let's just say, Christian isn't the nicest man. He gets angry easily, especially when I bring up Alex. Even when I don't bring him up, sometimes he will see old stuff that Alex got me and get furious. So every year when I leave to do this, hell always breaks loose.

I stepped over to the grave marked 'Alexander William Gaskarth'. Kenny trailed behind close, holding my hand. I wasn't gonna cry this time. I was going to do what I had been meaning to do for four years now. I pulled the box out from my pocket and Kenny looked with wonder. I felt a tear slip from my eye as I started to speak, "I never got to ask you, but I kept the ring all these years. I wish I could've married you, but sometimes life doesn't work out, right? You always were the one who said we were never meant to be." I sniffed, trying to hold back sobs. With that I placed the small box on top of the grave and walked away.

I would never see that patch of wild flowers growing in the soil by the grave again.