Shane (chpt 3)

I loved that book.

Anyways, I put on a jacket and told Justine I was going to go for a walk.

As I walked about LA, looking as if I don't give a shit what people thought about me, which I didn't at the time, I sat down on some steps out front of a building and read the book. It was nice and breezy, so I wasn't uncomfortable by the heat. It was a nice day. I read for about two hours there on the steps. All of a sudden, my phone dinged and it was the group chat I made:

The Boys 👻 (gc)

Ryan: Hey Mj, wanna come hang with us at Buzzfeed?

Sure! Is Justine there?

Shane: Yeah she came in a little bit ago. We just got done filming and wandered what you were doing?

Well, I'm just wandering around, reading a book.

Ryan: Want us to come get you? Since you probably don't know how to drive around LA yet?

That's okay with me. I'm going to head home so meet me there 😬

Ryan: Cool! You're going to get to know us, the ghoul boys!

Shane: See you soon 😎

I walked home and changed into the clothes I was wearing earlier. But since it was breezy, I wore some flats. I waited for a little while until I heard a car honk. I went outside, climbed in the backseat of what I'm assuming is Ryan's car, and we headed off!

Shane, Ryan, and Cani were all in the car. Cami in the back with me.

"So, I see you brought along a book. What book is it?" Ryan asked looking into the rear view mirror.

"It's a book my brother wrote. It's actually the first book I ever got."

"Would you let me read it sometime?" Shane asked, turning his body to talk to me from the passenger seat.

"Yeah, when would you like to borrow it?" I asked with a smile.

"Tomorrow. Is it okay if I come over and read it? And if i don't finish it, I'll return again."

"That's okay with me." My face started firing up with red. Why was I so embarrassed by this? He wants to spend time with me, I think.

We finally made it to Buzzfeed and they introduced me to some people, showed me around, and then showed me where they and Justine work. I headed for the restroom, and felt my wrist get grabbed gently.

"Hey hey hey, wait. I need to ask you something." Ryan said as he took me around the corner.

"Yes?" I said with a confused look.

"Okay, So, Shane and I talked, and we both would like you to maybe join us on one of our hunts sometime? You can think about it, but Shane brought up the idea." Ryan said, smiling.

"I'll think about it, thanks for asking me!" I said hugging him and going to use the restroom.

The rest of the day was nice. I seen them do their work, and I chatted with random workers. But by 5, I left with Justine to go back home.

I went to my room and watched Shane and Ryan's videos on YouTube. It's a funny series. I got halfway through season 2 by 10. So far, the 3 horrifying cases of ghosts and demons is my favorite. Ryan acted like such a baby, while Shane was having the best time of his life.

'I so wanna do that' I thought. It was cool that they did this for a living! And that I was invited to go on a hunt with them!

Since it was 11, I took my pills and fell asleep.

I woke up around 9 am to a couple texts from Cami

                  Camille (Cami) ❤️❤️

Cami: Dude I just got back from clubbing with Shane, Ryan, and Jj. We all talked and Shane said you were cute!

Cami: Text himmmmm Mj!! This could be your chance! 🥰

Cami: Okay So, please disregard those messages from last night. That wasn't my place to say any of that to you. Have fun today when Shane comes to read your bros' book. Which actually surprises me that you are going to let him.

Honestly, I don't see how an attractive, successful guy find this cute. And besides, I don't like either of them. Okay, well.... maybe one.

I got up, showered, and put on some black leggings with a grey shirt on. I let my hair down, and just let it do its thing. My baby hairs were ecstatic though. So I just let them be. I looked okay to read some books with a friend. It was like a two person book club.

I texted Shane earlier to ask what time he'd like to read the book, and he replied 6. So it was 11 now, that means I get to watch a show? I made breakfast and sat down and turned the tv on to watch South Park. I watched all the way up until I heard a knock on the door.

Justine texted earlier saying she was staying at Cami's tonight. So I knew who it was.

I walked over to the door, and opened it, to see a fucking giant standing there. A cute one though.

"Hey Shane, come in. I got the book on the couch." I said, as he came in and I shut the door.

"Hi Massey," He said with excitement, "I'm ready to read!"

We sat down and I gave him the book.

"Now, be careful with it. It's the only copy. You're holding an original that only my family and I have read." I said, leaning back, putting my feet on the couch and grabbing my book to start reading.

"Wait, So before I get into the book, will you tell me about it?" He said, looking at me.

"Sure, but I'm not spoiling anything," I said, fixing myself to where I'm sitting criss cross to face him in the couch, "Okay, so, the book is about a guy, who has never loved anyone in his life. He didn't think he could. And then he switches schools because his parents made him, and he meets a girl. Who is constantly trying to be his friend, because she knew he didn't have many. After a while, the guy falls in love with her, but after so many attempts at trying to love him, she declined his feelings. After a while, they start talking again, becoming friends, aaaaaand I can't spoil the rest. Because you'll be surprised." I said, leaving back against the arm of the big couch.

"Awe come on! He said, looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

"You'll have to read it!" I said, starting my book, and him his.

After about 4 hours, he finally closed the book and said "Woah, wait a second? Explain this to me. She had brain cancer the entire time and didn't tell him? Even before? She just dies on him. Leaving him broken, vulnerable, alone." He said looking at me.

I sat up, "It's based on a true story." I said, looking at him, with a sad expression on my face.

"Oh, I'm.. I'm so sorry." Shane said.

"It's okay. I knew the girl and it left my entire family hurt. Because they were engaged, and then she died. She was a very good person to my brother. I miss them both. But I know that they're together right now, dancing in each other's arms." I said scooting closer to Shane, who, I hadn't noticed, came closer to me as well.