Shane (chpt 10)

I grabbed Shane's hand, and held it while we watched tv. At some point I laid down and put my head on his lap. Shane kept running his fingers through my hair, and it felt nice. I turned my body to where my head faced up, and I said, "when you going to fuckin kiss me again?"

"WOW," He replied, "That's what you're concerned about?"

"No, that's not all. Just what I'm thinking about right now." I smirked

"Why just that? What about if I like you? What about if your house got robbed? What about if a ghoul followed you home?" He said through a laugh

"Cause. I wanna know if you're going to do it again. Or leave me hanging."

"Of course I will. Just wait." He said looking up at the tv.

I paused, "why wait?" I got up, turned to him, grabbed his face and leaned in to kiss him.

After we kissed, I laid back down, and looked up at him. I don't know why he was smiling like a big dorky idiot, but it was so cute. I loved it.

"Would you want to go on another date, Mj? Tonight." He looked down and ran his fingers through my hair.

"I'd go on a date with you any day."

We both talked about the hotel and what our thoughts on it were. Then, he had to leave. I mean, he did have to work after all.

Before Justine went to work, she sat down and wanted all the 'deets' as to what's going on with Shane and I.

"Right now? I feel like we're in that stage right before dating. Almost like we're talking. I like him a lot and wouldn't mind being his girlfriend. Plus he cares, you can tell. I like getting to know him and being able to talk to him." I said, looking down at my lap smiling.

"Have y'all kissed yet?" She said.

"Jj, no offense, but I don't want to tell you," her and I giggled for a moment, "but yeah, we have. And each time it happens I get butterflies, my heart skips beats, and I feel engulfed in a feeling of pure happiness. I haven't had that, ever. I feel safe around him."

"Good." She said, seemingly hiding something from me, with a big ass smile.

"Jj is there something you're not telling me?" I raised my eyebrow

"Nono. I'm just glad your happy." She got up, walked to her room and closed the door.

I walked up, trying to eavesdrop and all I heard was her and Shane talking on the phone, Shane on speaker.

"Is she into the plan? Did you tell her?" Shane asked.

"No! I tried not to. But she's defying so I think she 100% knows I'm hiding something."

"Okay, well, I don't want her to know and it be ruined. I want it to genuinely be a surprise that I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend."

I covered my mouth. And I cheered silently.

"Okay okay. I can't believe you're really getting Cami and Ryan on board with this."

"Let's go over the plan. So, first, I'll take her out around LA. Second, I'll make sure to keep her occupied and not want to go home, which gives you time to set up the house. My keys will be in the mailbox. Third, I bring her to my house, hopefully she'll want to go, and then I'll ask these words. 'Would you like to be my girlfriend?' because you told me that's what she wants to be asked. Sound all good so far?"

"Yes. Just make sure you look her into the eyes, and swooooooooon her."

"Okay, I'm getting ready now."

"Get laid tonight."

"For a sixth time, not gunna happen. Goodbye Justine"

I could her her click the end button and walk to the door. I quickly ran to the couch, laid down, and then waited for her to come out. Oh boy, he was gunna ask me outtt. I freaked out silently and thought to myself. Before Justine walked out of her room, I ran into mine to find a nice outfit. As I was doing that, I got a text from Shane.

                          Shane🚀

Shane: Hey! So, I'm going to pick you up around 6, is that cool? Then after, we can go to my place and watch some movies?

Yeah! Should I dress casual?

Shane: Yeah 😊 dress casual, okay?

Alright 😋 see you later

I took a shower, and waited on the bed in a towel to air dry. After, I got out a white shirt and blue overall shorts. Then, I got black converse on. I blow dried the rest of my semi wet hair, and then curled it. I didn't like thighs showing. No one has seen my scars or anything, because the shorts I wear usually don't go up high enough. And the ones of my stomach, are usually hidden as well. But when I sit, these shorts go up and you can see my scarred thighs. I'll wear a flannel around my waist. Problem solved 😊

Anyways, I put on a smock, played music, and started painting my room. I already asked Justine if I could, because well, she owns the house.

I started outlining the words 'subtle' in bubble letters. This drawing had double meanings. It was subtle, because I couldn't be.

I started filling in the word with a black and blue paint. Making the blue ombré into the black.

I heard a knock on my door, and yelled, over my music, to come in. Cami walked in and seen that I started my walls, and squealed. "I CANT WAIT TO SEE IT WHEN IT'S DONE!"

I clicked off the music, then she hugged me.

"You better clean up, its 5:30." And she walked out.

Holy shit! Already 5:30?! I lost track of time.

I cleaned up, went to my bathroom, sprayed perfume and put mascara on. That's all I needed for today. If he really likes me, it won't be because of makeup today.

I waited on the couch and then I heard the knock on the door. My face brightened up, and Justine already opened the door  revealing Shane standing there, in jeans and a jacket. He smiled, waved, then said, "you ready?"

I nodded, grabbed my bag, and walked to his car.