5

I woke up to a burning in my shoulder. I almost completely forgot that I was fucking stabbed! I rolled my eyes at my own thoughts, how does someone forget about a sword going through their shoulder? Looks like we found the winner of the dumbest demigod of the century.

"You are finally awake. No need to fear. We hate Lady Nyx now. She had kill our leader, putting its blood in what she splashed you in, and now you have his blood. He never had any pups, so that makes you the closest thing to our king." The hound explained. I was shocked. These hellhounds could understand us fluently, and can speak to each other. They know when they are in trouble.

"Wha?" I asked dumbly. What are they expecting of me? I can't bring their king back. I don't have that power, yet. And if you die in the pit, there is no coming out of the void.

"We want you to become our king. We'll train you with your new powers granted with our kings blood, and you can teach us how to not get caught by the demigods." The wolf said desperately. I was shocked. They want me to be king? Well, I can figure something out with this.

"Alright, but what I say goes, right?" I asked, starting a fire with my new hellhound bud. We tossed makeshift branches into the fire and sat back, admiring the nice heat during the coldest time in Tartarus, the night.

"Of course, whatever you say, we do. Us hounds need someone in charge, or else we fall apart without a purpose. We use to be split, serving powerful people in hopes that they would be willing to become our ruler, none were fit. Then we figured out, that if we are going to do something, we outta do it ourselves, so we decided a king, and he never died until Nyx got a hold of him." The hound said sadly.

"I will make sure Nyx pays, even if I have to start war with her, which I am tempted to, but right now, she is with a child at the moment." I growled lowly. My aura seemed to flare in power, because suddenly I heard a ton of hellhounds howl, cheerfully. They found their king I guess.

"Your child?" The hound asked innocently. I knew the hound knew a lot, but not full details. He knew that all that has transpired in the last few months has left me broken, now, I'm fucking shattered.

"It wasn't my choice. I wanted kids, but this kid is going to grow up with Nyx, and I know what she wants my spawn for, for war. She is powerful, and she thinks I'm powerful as well, which gives her ambition to add the power and use it to destroy the gods." I said monotonously.

"Wouldn't you want that? After they betrayed you?" He asked curiously.

"My flaw prevents me from craving revenge. Avenging is different than revenge. I can't harm those I care for or it would hurt me, emotionally and physically." I said, pushing the sparks a bit. I stood up, feeling better after a rest.

"Now, to the camp." My buddy said before starting to run. I kept pace, barely. With my new powers, it seemed to give me more speed, but I couldn't say the same for stamina. By the time we had gotten to the camp, I was a sweating mess. By the time I'm done with this camp, my stamina will be at its peak, and then I need to be able to get other monsters to trust me enough to train me. The previous king had allies, right?

"So did you guys have any allies?" I asked the billion dollar question. By the look the hound gave me, I would take that as a no.

"We depends on ourselves." My bud said.

"Well, I'm going to do a load of changing, if that is good with you and the pack." I smiled while plopping down to the ground, a water bottle appearing in my hand. As confused as I was, I was grateful. I chugged the water like it was the last bit of water I'll ever get, which is more than likely.

My bud howled, which seemed to call the the other hounds, because suddenly hundreds of hellhounds came came running at fast speeds.

"Meet our new king!" My bud howled out. Many more howls followed, and I felt like I was home, home for the first time in so long.

"Orders, sir?" Another hound asked while bowing deeply. I growled jokingly at the respectful gesture.

"Do not bow to me, I am a mere demigod that is part hellhound. Treat me as a colleague." I said, giving them their first order.

"Sir, yes sir!" They chanted loudly.

"Now, down to business. Whenever, whoever is out of Tartarus, you have one mission. And that mission is to HELP young demigods who are getting treated badly in their homes. Their have been too many young demigods that had turned bad because of how they were treated younger. Now we are turning a new leaf!" I shouted while they howled in excitement.