6

It has been a year for the time above. I don't dare call it earth or anything else, just the above. It has been about decade of me being here in Tartarus time. A year there is 100 years here. I don't miss much. This place has become my home, and I was with my family.

I am still king of the pack. They help young demigods get the camps and kill whoever is abusing them. The demigods still attack the hellhounds on sight, but I taught them to hide better, and young demigods demigods trust the pack.

I train daily with the strongest of the pack, and I train everyone. They teach me how to hunt, and now it's one of my favourite things to do. I also teach them to hide and stay away from the fights. Now hellhounds are more feared than ever before, and they thank me for it.

We have gotten plenty of allies. Mainly monsters that don't have much of a choice. We got Medusa, shockingly, and she still holds a grudge on me, but she see's what authority I have now. We also got the primordial, Tartarus. He was a bit harder to convince, but once I told him of her plans to destroy the above and also take over Tartarus, he jumped at the opportunity to take Nyx down.

I still think of what happened in Nyx's palace, and about the child. I don't know if it follows Tartarus time or if it is for the above. I debated getting in contact with Nyx, even though it was the worse possible idea, she has my child, and as much as I can try and deny it, she is the mother to my kid. I was at least hoping she would come to me and tell me the gender, or the name. One day I'll get my child back.

"Perseus, I think your training is complete. You have surpassed all of our skill when it comes to hunting and controlling your speed and agility." My trainer Ειλικρινής, which means forthright, said. He is the best in the pack, besides me.

"Thank you, Forthright. I have to admit that you and the rest have excelled in what I have taught in the last hundred years." I bowed to him as he bowed to me.

"You must be on your way soon. You have much to do before we go forth with our plan." Forthright said. He was very polite and mature, almost like a father figure to me.

"Yes, when I finish my training, we shall go ahead with the plan. Make sure you check any place for exits. Also get allies while I am gone." I ordered while Forthright and I headed to the main camp. "I am making my leave now. My training has been complete!" I shouted to the entire camp.

"M'lord, what are we suppose to do while you are gone?" My original hellhound bud, Star, asked. Star may seem like a girly name, exactly why Star hates it, but I told him the name suits him.

"Scout for exits, get allies, and most importantly, train. when you can almost beat me in a fight, then you will do fine defending yourselves. I must take my leave, goodbye. And Forthright is in-charge until I return." I smiled and walked away. My smiles are rare to come by these days. Only when I am with my family I can feel something other than regret, shame, and depression.

My thoughts consumed me. I've changed so much since I was banished. Honestly I'm glad. I needed this wake up call. I was dumb to think that life could ever be peaceful for demigods, Wait, correction, for me. First I had my childhood, and then getting bullied for years, and then wanted by police and the government, two wars, a lot of death, betrayal. But this is the worst betrayal bestowed upon me yet, but also the best in a way. I am much stronger now, and I have my cards all planned out.

My goal now is to get to the giants, most importantly, Oceanus, to train me. If I can control my water abilities to the max, there would be no beating my defence. And if I could get the other elements. Of course I would have to by blessed by them. This is going to be an impossible mission, but if I could get them to join me, then Nyx has some of her most powerful allies on my side. I just need to find a bribe good enough to get them to betray Nyx.

I don't know how long I have been travelling, but it must've been days. I was exhausted, so I decided to settle in a small cave that seemed hidden enough. Just as I sat down, I heard a cry of pain. I looked around wearily.

"Sit on my broken ankle, that's nice of you, Perseus." I heard someone say sarcastically. This voice was older, ancient. The person must've been powerful, but definitely seemed weakened.

"Who are you?" I asked while moving away. I didn't trust the man I shared the cave with. If he was as powerful as I thought, then he could kill me with the snap of his fingers. The thoughts scared me to death. I can accept the fact that there are more powerful beings than me, but with what people say how powerful I am, he must be more powerful than what I can imagine.

"Ah, no one important. So kid, what brings you to Tartarus. I've heard you been with those pesky hounds." He scoffed with confidence. He had a goal here, and I do not. He had the upper hand.

"They've been training me and I them. You have a problem with that sir?" I tested him. If I wanted to gain the upper hand, I needed to learn his goal, and what he would do to achieve it. Right now all he wants is to make me mad. He needs to analyze me in order to beat me.

"And what could they possibly teach you? They are by far the easiest specie of monsters to defeat." He chuckled darkly. I nearly snapped at him.

"Well they have a new king, so I wouldn't rely on that opinion for long." I smirked. I knew I had won by they way he had silenced.

"Let me train you."