Ch. 2:Faces with Mask of Gold

Father starts to tell mother about the affairs that transpired yesterday. Every word that spills out of farther's mouth makes the air denser. I look down conscience-stricken, I may fear fathers hand, but listening to mother vilipend me is heartbreaking. 

Mother interrupts farther's babbling saying, "Adam you know your great grandfather was a king and he was assassinated in his sleep, by his younger brother, when he was thirty six. His son survived and a couple of years later he poisons his uncle when he found out he was the cause for his fathers death. Your grandfather was given great responsibility after his elders died. Humph, poor boy under all that pressure. You'd think he would snap, but no he was forced to prevail and he sure did succeed. He was able to rule the 4 kingdoms of Somaer. Now Adam all we want is for you to triumph in power, so please don't ameliorate our family, understood." I nod my head in agreeance, thankful my mother wasn't to harsh. "Cause if you don't prosper I'll throw you out and let the common men asperse on you, and watch how you survive, you never know you might get lucky because of your pretty features and get sold, I mean that's better then rotting away!"

 My little brother Nicholas starts to cry, leaning into my mother's bosom almost like he could sense the disgusting atmosphere. It made me sick, those tears were met for me not him. I couldn't take another bite of my food, it felt like there was a knot in my throat. Tears threatened to escape my eyes, but I couldn't be vulnerable around them, because if I did I'd get scolded again.

Sundenly I excuse myself from the table, making sure I wasn't in my parents field of vision. Then I run to the nearest exit. Finally making it through the entrance, I let my tears flow, eventually taking in my surroundings. The sight before me was astonishingly beautiful it calmed my heart just a little. It was a garden filled with beautiful flowers. Roses, Lilacs, hyacinths, Dahlias, Hydrangeas, peonies, and Lotuses. The air had such a sweet eroma I instinctively started to smile. The cherry blossoms were blowing around me, one was able to land on my temple. I grabbed it and blew it away wishing I could be that petal. Only then I would be able to escape my cursed parents. What shall I call it, hunger for power that sounds about right. 

Author Notes: Somaer is a made up country by the way. I apologize about my writing this is my first story. If you notice any errors just comment about it and I will edit if needed. Thank you.  ;)