Ch. 16: My Child

Warning: mature language  ⚠️ 

Narrator's (POV): Y/n turns around to see a woman in a black corset dress with disheveled hair and a extremely wide smile that gave the girl chills. Chris however never turned around and starts shaking, he didn't even need to look at the woman to know who it is. Y/n looks back at the boy who was now covering his ears and laying on the cold tiled road.

Y/n quickly picks up Chris little body and carries him in her arms.

"Why did you run away baby? You love mommy, don't you.? Don't you?" The woman spoke in a soft tone at first, but then gradually becoming menacing.

Y/n holds onto Chris tightly, so the boy wouldn't slip out of her grasp. The girl backs away as the woman slowly approaches her.

"Who is this b*tch holding you? I'm the only one who can hold you! Nobody else! You hear me Chris!" The woman yells, heaving in and out, saliva trickling down her chin, almost as if she was a wild animal.

"Stay back! I'm keeping Chris safe! Something you could never fulfill!" Y/n tells the woman. Making sure she was a good distance away from the stranger.

"Y/n?" A familiar voice calls out, from behind you.

You turn around to see Adam standing there, looking a little untamed himself, but not as much as Chris' mother.

"Watch out!" Adam yells running towards you.

You turn around to see the woman's hand reaching for your face, you quickly lean back and kick the woman in the face. The deranged lady falls to the ground holding her face in pain. Y/n shifts  Chris to one arm, to grab Adam's hand. You start running as fast as you can. Y/n might have been a resilient girl, but even you still get tired. You decide to run behind a building and Adam follows after you.

"Ha, ha who is that?" Adam questions, trying to catch his breath.

"Hah, ha, It's Chris...mother." Y/n answers back, out of breath.

You take a look at Chris who doesn't seem to be doing so well. He looked traumatized. Y/n holds him tightly and strokes his hair, trying to comfort the boy.

"It's okay Chris. We will get back to auntie's house safe and sound, okay." Y/n tells the boy, yet he didn't respond back.

"This is why you don't pick up random kids off the street Y/n." Adam says looking around, to make sure nobody saw them.

"You're heartless. What am I suppose to do, let him die?" Y/n tells Adam, starting to get irritated by his presence.

Suddenly you both heard a spine-chilling hum resonating through the streets. You guys knew you had to hide quickly.

"I'll carry him." Adam offers.

"Are you sure? You better hold him securely." Y/n warns Adam. Afraid Chris might slip out of his hands.

"I said I got it. You look exhausted." Adam replies back, taking ahold of Chris and carrying him on his back.

You all quickly take cover behind a huge dumpster, it smelled terrible, but it kept you hidden well. The humming grew closer while you tried your best to not make a sound. You covered your mouth to muzzle your breathing while Adam did the same.

"Hmmmm hm hmmmmm~ where is my Chris? I know you are there....Hmm" The woman says with a disturbing tone.

The humming eventually grew faint as the woman walked away. Suddenly Y/n felt the urge to sneeze. She cursed mentally, why did her body have to betray her at this moment? Adam looks at her confused at your strange facial expressions. Y/n holds her nose trying to contain the sneeze, but it was no use, you still let out a loud sneeze. Quickly covering your mouth with your hands.