Ch. 11: Wishes Do Come True

Your(POV): "So are you gonna eat the fish Adam?" You asked with a smile.

"Fine, I'll eat it if it's not poisonous." Adam tells you grabbing the fish out of your hands. He takes the rest of the fish out of your satchel and breaks off this extremely tiny piece. 

"Come on don't be a scaredy-cat, take a decent bite of the fish." You urge Adam on.

He looks at me and huffs, grabbing the whole fish and puts a huge chunk of it in his mouth. You looked at him a little shocked, you were expecting him to chicken out, but he really went in. Adam pauses like he was stuck in time. He starts to slowly chew his food, Adam's lip started to form a child like grin. You were a little amused by his expression, because this was the first time you have seen him smile, even though you've only known this boy for about five minutes, and already feel an urge to teach him about the world.

 Adam is pretty odd. He stares at you a lot and every time you return his gaze he looks away. When your kind to him he gets cocky and annoying, but if you take his attitude away, you can really admire his beauty. Adam is a little pale, probably cause he spends most of his time in a giant mansion and you could tell he doesn't gets out much, base on how he interacts with people. He also has jet black hair and a hazel eye. His hair is a little grown out over his right eye, which is covered by a eyepatch. You pondered on what happened to his other eye?

"Hey Adam." 

"Yeah?" He answers back.

"I hope you don't mind me asking you this, I was just wondering what happened to your eye?" You asked, a little nervous about what his response would be to your question.

"I got into a fight.." Adam tells you, with a different aroma coming off of him. It was a little depressing. 

You try to think of something quick to change the atmosphere. "Hope you don't think I'm a crazy person." You try to break the silence.

Adam snaps out of his thoughts and looks at Y/n a little confused. "W-what I don't think your crazy, why would you say that?" He asked you with sincerity in his voice.

You smile at him and say. "Well I carry this rod with me everywhere like a crazy person would, looking for a fight."

His confused expression is replaced with a little smile. "That's not enough to make you look crazy, but I am a little curious why you do carry that thing around with you." He says, chuckling a little.

"It's kinda funny, my mother has me wake up early in the morning so I can get ingredients for breakfast, before the streets are busy. Normally most of the town is asleep when I go out, but my mother doesn't want me to be in any risky situations without being armed. So she makes sure I leave the house with this wooden rod every morning. Sometimes I get a little embarrassed because I get these weird stares from strangers when I bring this thing with me." You reply back in a sheepish tone.

"That's not that bad..." Adam burst out.

Y/n looks at him wondering what he was getting at. He didn't say anything after his outburst, he just looks down. You felt that gloomy atmosphere creep up your body again. You look at Adam a little concerned for him, you grab the side of his head and brought him close to your chest, letting him nuzzle his face into your neck. You don't know why you did this, you just felt like he needed to be comforted.

"Y-y/n?" Adam stutters in a confused tone.

"Adam I don't know what is going on in your head, but I hope you can eventually be happy forever~"  You whisper to him. Adam suddenly pulls away from your embrace and clasped his hands onto your shoulders. He looked into your eyes, like he had just saw some supernatural being.