Ch. 8: Let's Go Captain

Adam's (POV): Nicholas comes back with fresh clothes for me. Since my current clothes were stained with...well I guess you can say...blood, sweat and tears. 

"Here ya go Adam." Nicholas says cheerfully.

Nora looked slightly confused. "Wait, are you guys leaving?" Nora said with a puzzled expression. I facepalm myself, Nora was too oblivious for her own good. "That's our plan Nora." I said in a nonchalant tone. Nora furrows her brows upwards and puckers out her bottom lip. "I didn't know I was going to miss a nuckle-head...I mean...young master like you." Nora stutters. My father gives Nora a stony gaze, while I was looking at the ground smiling. Nora was kinda like a big sis...no, no...definitely a little sister. She might have been older than me, but her age is irrelevant, she's like a child at heart.

"My lady, aren't you gonna miss me too." Nicholas whines. Nora was about to ruffle my brother's hair until she sees father give her a deathly glare. Nora slowly backs her hand away from Nicholas head and nervously chuckles. "Of c-course I'll miss you, hahhahhh." Nora states. Nicholas didn't really believe Nora's claim. He looks around the room to see what was keeping Nora on edge. He notice father glowering at Nora. "Hey! Papa stop scaring Nora." Nicholas says, squinting his eyes. Pft, like he can intimidate anyone. Father snaps out of his disdaining thoughts and looks at Nicholas wide eyed. "That's not very nice of you pops." Nicholas says sticking out his tongue. Surprisingly father obeys Nicholas' demands. What the hell is going on here? Is this reverse discipline? I was so confused. 

Nicholas jumps and hugs Nora's lower waist, since he was very small in stature. What can I say, it runs through the family. Father use to tell us stories about other noble children who called him Mr. Micro or pocket-size. I promise you, in a few years we will be human Sequoias, my father is literally six feet and two inches.

"Children it's time to go now." Father demanded. "Ummm, Nicholas,..can you..please let go now?" Nora asked hesitantly. Nicholas groans in a dismal tone and lets go of Nora's waistline. "Thank you young master." Nora says gratefull. Nicholas blushes a little, while looking to the side and puts his arms behind him. He was embarrassed. "Okay lovebirds, I just want to change." I said in a impatient voice. Nora and Nicholas both look my way with a shocked expression. "He's a kid!...Umm...sure young master, follow me please." I finally was able to leave the room and follow Nora to change into my new clothes.

Nicholas(POV): I was waiting for Adam and Nora to come back. Papa was leaning his back against the wall and crossing his arms. I think he was exhausted. I never understood why papa and mama were such meanies to Adam. I don't remember Adam being bad. Anyways I want to ask papa something. "Papa, umm, you always said you would support me no matter what, right?" "Of course Nicholas." Pops said in a calm like manner. "Well, how do I say this,...I really, really like Nora. I want her to be my maid." Pops jumps up like he just got electrocuted. "What?! That fatuous woman and her jejune ways! Why would you want her?!"

"Please, papa, you said you would support me, no matter what choice I make. Hmph, you double-crosser."

 "Nicholas, (Pops sighs) ...fine, I'll arrange for her to serve you," Pops complies. "Yay." I cheered.

"Though, if she breaks any of our codes, I myself will send her back to the filthy streets." Pops announces in a cynical tone.

I was a little worried for Nora because of my papa's hatred for her. Nora is so sweet, and kind, and...wait that means the same thing. Oh, she's also pretty.

Adams(POV):Nora guides me to the changing room. I close the drapes, making sure there were no slits that could expose me. Nora was outside the room waiting for me to get ready. I was thankful that Nora wasn't invasive of my privacy, unlike a curtain someone I knew.